CPAP Machine On Celebrity

Gail & Dan

I'm not sure about the distilled water being available to you, but you can definitely ask your cabin steward/ess for an extension cord(if you bring your own, you run the risk of it being confiscated and returned to you at the end of the cruise). 

They do provide Distilled water like every other cruise line I am just not sure how to go about getting it

Email Form Call in ?

because they like to have some notice at least 30 days I think   

Edited by Gail & Dan

My husband has a cpap as well. I reached out to special needs department and requested extension cord and distilled water. They responded within 24 hours. Has always worked for me in the past. We usually remind room steward when we board. 

My DH uses a CPAP. We had a disability notice added to our reservation (called in) and when we checked into our cabin the attendant had an extension cord and bottle of distilled water waiting. Just call and have them update your info that you require both for medical reasons. 

Except on edge, you will need an extension cord, which they will provide for you. Edge has an outlet next to the bed.  There’s a special-needs form you can fill out or you can call. They will provide distilled water, and refill it if needed. They are very used to doing this and it’s an easy project

At already mentioned, you are asked not to use your personal extension cord which they may confiscated and then return to you at the end of the cruise. Just use theirs.

Edited by Alakegirl

6 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Except on edge, you will need an extension cord, which they will provide for you. Edge has an outlet next to the bed.  There’s a special-needs form you can fill out or you can call. They will provide distilled water, and refill it if needed. They are very used to doing this and it’s an easy project

No worry I will never be on Edge ! 

Where is this form you speak of ?? 

Edited by Gail & Dan

1 hour ago, Gail & Dan said:

Anyone know the Availability On Eclipse Can we get Distilled Water? or do we need a extension cord ?

Can't see any info for Celebrity dong a search on the forms

Here's a link to Celebrity Special needs department with the phone number, somewhere in there is a form.   

https://www.celebritycruises.com/special-needs/medical-needs

Celebrity will provide you with the distilled water and an extension cord, I have done it several times.   Every time we have done it, they were in the room when we got there, if not just ask your steward.  It's something they do all the time so its not a problem at all.  Actually,  thank you for reminding me, I have a cruise in a few weeks and forgot to do it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Scroll down to the bottom of their website, to the area called “traveling with Celebrity”, and then click on “medical needs”

Got it Thank you 
Has an email phone number and form  thats Great Thanks 

Edited by Gail & Dan

Last January on the Eclipse I just asked the cabin steward once I got on board and he brought distilled water. I understand that the refurbishment has added electric outlets near head of bed for those ships already done. Hope so - on the Summit in August 😍😎🥳

We have never had a problem getting distilled water or an extension cord in our cabin.  We always request it through special needs.  Sometimes the cabin steward has not gotten the request (?), but by the time we go to bed all is well.

Our only problem that we have found with CPAP travel and cruising is that we always carry an extension cord with the machine.  Many times we need it in a hotel room.  When we fly in a day or two early for our cruise we have used it many times.  We have found that now when we get on the ship it is confiscated.  They do try to get it back to you after the cruise.  However on back to backs it can get lost in the process. Don’t take one you don’t want to lose!  Our last cruise when we picked it up from Security on the way off of the ship we were told NOT to bring on on board again.  Not very helpful.

We have had similar experiences with bringing items aboard that we needed at hotel stays but would not be using on the ship, most recently an immersion water heater coil. We just smile and say “ok” as we pick up our things

1 hour ago, Gail & Dan said:

Got it Thank you 
Has an email phone number and form  thats Great Thanks 

‘I emailed special needs and received a response within 24 hours.  (I’ll see in 8 days if they sent the message to my cabin steward.)

special_needs@rccl.com

5 hours ago, Gail & Dan said:

Anyone know the Availability On Eclipse Can we get Distilled Water? or do we need a extension cord ?

We filled in the special needs form and found an extension cord and distilled water in our room when we arrived. My suggestion is to ask the room steward for duct tape so you can secure the cord to the floor after you set up your machine. Our room steward did this for us, but secured the cord in an inconvenient location. I had to take up the tape and secure it ourselves. 

20 hours ago, kathynorth said:

We filled in the special needs form and found an extension cord and distilled water in our room when we arrived. My suggestion is to ask the room steward for duct tape so you can secure the cord to the floor after you set up your machine. Our room steward did this for us, but secured the cord in an inconvenient location. I had to take up the tape and secure it ourselves. 

Thank you for the reply and all of the info 

I would think they would look after the cord if its a trip hazard and there Liability ?

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:29 AM, Gail & Dan said:

Go to special needs online & request a bottle of distilled water & extension cord. They will be provided. Don't wait until on board. They'll have plenty of distilled water, but the cords are limited in number. If you bring your own, you'll risk it being confiscated.

If you get to your cabin and you don't see the extension cord or distilled water, just ask the attendant... they can get that easily. Nice thing on the new Edge ship is that there is a plug right next to the bed... so you probably don't need an extension cord on that ship.... for future reference. Enjoy your cruise

9 hours ago, kearney said:

If you get to your cabin and you don't see the extension cord or distilled water, just ask the attendant... they can get that easily. Nice thing on the new Edge ship is that there is a plug right next to the bed... so you probably don't need an extension cord on that ship.... for future reference. Enjoy your cruise

I will never be on edge

but thank you 

13 hours ago, Gail & Dan said:

I will never be on edge

but thank you 

I enjoyed Edge, DH not so much. However, for the price... give me an S class on an 11-14 day cruise... for about the same price... I will take that any day... so long as they keep Sky Lounge.... a decent size...