Cruise Planner - IT Glitch causing Continued Grief

I purchased The Key and then cancelled it the same day and everything has gone downhill since then.

It's been 5 days since I did this. The purchase has been on my credit card for 3-4 days, but the refund is nowhere to be seen. The Key icon is still on my SetSail pass and Royal's atrocious customer service is just unable help. I get stuck with agents who are reading me scripts by phone and have no means to help.

I've read on Cruise Critic how bad Royal's IT really is... I guess I finally am having my experience.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It takes 5-7 business days for a refund to go through.  Nothing unusual.

Yes, but I've canceled numerous things already through Cruise Planner (due to price drops). The refunds have shown up in 3 days.

For some reason, this refund is taking much longer, and the SetSail pass won't correct.

2 minutes ago, ryguy2008 said:

Yes, but I've canceled numerous things already through Cruise Planner (due to price drops). The refunds have shown up in 3 days.

For some reason, this refund is taking much longer, and the SetSail pass won't correct.

Have you tried talking to Crown & Anchor?  Sometimes we have better luck with them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ryguy2008 said:

Just because some go through quickly does not mean they all will.  I’ve had that happen before as well.  Not even worth calling until about 10 days.  Seapass is just optics, it doesn’t matter in the least.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Have you tried talking to Crown & Anchor?  Sometimes we have better luck with them.

Thanks. I'll try that in a few days if it's still not resolved.

Edited by ryguy2008

I booked and canceled  a tour in Lisbon and rebooked the Small Group option for $10 more and it took about  5 days for the refund to process on the card. It takes time for revenue to reconcile the refunds and then for your bank to accept the refund to post to your account . It all depends on your  banking institution.