Tequila!

9 minutes ago, toothy26 said:

I also heard that tequila is the lowest calorie alcohol you can drink. I would love to try an upscale product that you sip and savor.

To save calories is reason I drink so much tequila 😁😁😁, load of nice tequila bars in Texas even went to one in nyc. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, George C said:

To save calories is reason I drink so much tequila 😁😁😁, load of nice tequila bars in Texas even went to one in nyc. 

LMBO! Saw you're from TX and you went to a bar in NYC, which reminded me of the old Pace salsa commercial! "Salsa from New York City!" My apologies to those that don't know what I'm talking about but it just struck me as funny!😂 CHEERS!😎

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, toothy26 said:

I also heard that tequila is the lowest calorie alcohol you can drink. I would love to try an upscale product that you sip and savor.

We tried that once at an excursion in Mexico. No matter how much it had been aged, it still made me think of lighter fluid.

• Like 1

I'm from "the land of tequila". I live really close from the actual town of Tequila. :classic_cool:

We have a lot (and I mean A LOT) of tequila brands here and I've never heard of Camarena Gold, it doesn't even says what kind of Tequila it is not what kind of aging it has.

It's very important to know what kind of tequila are you drinking:

There are two categories of tequila,  mixed and 100% agave. 

Mixed tequila use about 51% agave with other sugars added. 

The best Tequila without any doubt is 100% agave (not mixed). 

If you are drinking 100% agave the best way to savour it sipping it slowly without adding it anything else.  

If you prefer mixed drinks like Margaritas you should better use mixed tequila.

About the aging there are basically 4 types of tequila:

Blanco ("white"): white spirit, unaged and bottled or stored immediately after distillation, or aged less than two months in stainless steel or neutral oak barrels

Reposado ("rested"): aged a minimum of two months, but less than a year in oak barrels

Añejo ("aged" or "vintage"): aged a minimum of one year, but less than three years in small oak barrels

Extra Añejo ("extra aged" or "ultra aged"): aged a minimum of three years in oak barrels

Each type has a stronger taste that the previous, there is no better one here so it's up to your personal taste.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This weekend we sipped Patron Anejo with a local made dark chocolate chilli truffle. It was a lovely way to end a meal. I have seen Patron on board and it is included in the drink package. It does not taste like lighter fluid! 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BixBebe said:

This weekend we sipped Patron Anejo with a local made dark chocolate chilli truffle. It was a lovely way to end a meal. I have seen Patron on board and it is included in the drink package. It does not taste like lighter fluid! 🙂

Agree. With or without the salt and lime. 😎

5 hours ago, SilkySal said:

LMBO! Saw you're from TX and you went to a bar in NYC, which reminded me of the old Pace salsa commercial! "Salsa from New York City!" My apologies to those that don't know what I'm talking about but it just struck me as funny!😂 CHEERS!😎

I thought those commercials were funny also.  😄 

🍶

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

We tried that once at an excursion in Mexico. No matter how much it had been aged, it still made me think of lighter fluid

Bob...I am concerned about you.  How do you know what actual lighter fluid tastes like? 🤢 🤔😁 🍶

Edited by island lady
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bob...I am concerned about you.  How do you know what actual lighter fluid tastes like?  🤨😄 😄 

I was waiting for someone to notice that.🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

We tried that once at an excursion in Mexico. No matter how much it had been aged, it still made me think of lighter fluid.

Bob they are a lot smoother after the first 5 or 6

• Like 1

I do like a good margarita.  When I ordered one from the pool bar, they dropped a shot of tequila on top of the drink and it was a nasty tasting tequila.  I don't like a margarita mix, but made from scratch.  Will they make one from scratch?  Should I ask for a particular brand of tequila?  We'll be on Harmony in September - would I be better off ordering a margarita at Sabor?  I thought it would be okay to drop this in the tequila thread :-)

Edited by zoepipes

22 minutes ago, zoepipes said:

I do like a good margarita.  When I ordered one from the pool bar, they dropped a shot of tequila on top of the drink and it was a nasty tasting tequila.  I don't like a margarita mix, but made from scratch.  Will they make one from scratch?  Should I ask for a particular brand of tequila?  We'll be on Harmony in September - would I be better off ordering a margarita at Sabor?  I thought it would be okay to drop this in the tequila thread 🙂

Rumor has it that Sabor makes the best margaritas but, alas, I have not tried one there yet but intend to while on Harmony this October! Looks like you'll beat us there! Never paid much attention to what the other bars use to make them. You can ask for a better tasting tequila or, better yet, ask to do a sip taste testing to find out which one you like! If the bartender isn't busy (port days), he/she may oblige! Oh, if they do, don't forget to tip!

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

I'm from "the land of tequila". I live really close from the actual town of Tequila. :classic_cool:

We have a lot (and I mean A LOT) of tequila brands here and I've never heard of Camarena Gold, it doesn't even says what kind of Tequila it is not what kind of aging it has.

It's very important to know what kind of tequila are you drinking:

There are two categories of tequila,  mixed and 100% agave. 

Mixed tequila use about 51% agave with other sugars added. 

The best Tequila without any doubt is 100% agave (not mixed). 

If you are drinking 100% agave the best way to savour it sipping it slowly without adding it anything else.  

If you prefer mixed drinks like Margaritas you should better use mixed tequila.

About the aging there are basically 4 types of tequila:

Blanco ("white"): white spirit, unaged and bottled or stored immediately after distillation, or aged less than two months in stainless steel or neutral oak barrels

Reposado ("rested"): aged a minimum of two months, but less than a year in oak barrels

Añejo ("aged" or "vintage"): aged a minimum of one year, but less than three years in small oak barrels

Extra Añejo ("extra aged" or "ultra aged"): aged a minimum of three years in oak barrels

Each type has a stronger taste that the previous, there is no better one here so it's up to your personal taste.

Great info! Thanks! 

• Thanks 1

Last time we cruised to Cozumel, we went to the tequila tour at Mexico park. Normally, I don’t like tequila. But I ended up getting a little....happy. 

I told me husband and he could get what he wanted. So he got a bottle of the best stuff. $175. 

Oh well. Took him several months, but he drank it. 

• Like 1

On Freedom several years ago, we discovered the Cracked Rossini in the champagne bar. It was one ounce of Patron Anejo, maple syrup, a strawberry, cracked black pepper, topped up with sparkling wine. It’s one of my favourite cocktails ever (but it sneaks up on you!). We make them at home and remember that sailing fondly. Tequila can be more than shots and margaritas! 

11 hours ago, chillyw said:

That sounds amazing! Hoping they have a cracked Rossini on Symphony

I didn’t see them on Symphony in April but you could ask a bartender and they might be able to make it for you. As an alternative, they make an excellent ‘Margartini’ at Boleros (a cross between a margarita and a martini) that I quite enjoyed!