Online Check-In Questions

On 7/1/2019 at 11:27 AM, Desert Cruizers said:

Haven't used the Online check In since 2017, was there an option if  say your room guest will use their own acct. I believe she plans to do her own online check in for our March cruise, I wouldn't want to have to leave the other persons blank unless i did all the check in for both of us. 

On 7/1/2019 at 11:58 AM, Desert Cruizers said:

Sounds like I will need to get daughter information and I do the Online check in for the both of us or I select her name on the acct and change once we check in, probably easiest way. Is anything different on this if doing consecutive or b2b. 

I checked in to my September B2B cruise on Mariner within the last week, and was able to do only my own check-in. 

My friend who will be my roommate will do her own check-in, and she'll use her own credit card for her onboard account.  

Just check yourself in and let your daughter do her own.  

Just did or updated 9 sailings.

Biggest beef was it did not let me use my address information to auto fill Laura.

Secondly, even if I checked Laura and I can share a credit card, I still had to fill the form out twice.

Luckily 60% of them were Laura solo

Oh, and Freedom was the only one that didn't ask for a picture 

Edited by John&LaLa

I just checked in for our Allure cruise on the app and used the passport scan feature.  When I tried to continue red flags popped up and said my passport expired in May (not possible since I renewed it several months ago).  I checked the info and it was all wrong!  So much for the scan feature.  Who knows whose passport number, etc that was but it was not mine.  I had to redo it by hand which was not a big deal but that's kind of crazy.  If it had not expired I may not have caught it.  But as to OP's original question, lol, I was able to set up a cash account.

Edited by MandyMooToo

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

I checked in to my September B2B cruise on Mariner within the last week, and was able to do only my own check-in. 

My friend who will be my roommate will do her own check-in, and she'll use her own credit card for her onboard account.  

Just check yourself in and let your daughter do her own.  

She has done her own before I was wondering about the Credit card info but as long as we can do it individually then no problem. With the Op's question that is what caused me to ask. 

17 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

She has done her own before I was wondering about the Credit card info but as long as we can do it individually then no problem. With the Op's question that is what caused me to ask. 

The OP's question was about selecting a cash account --- nothing about checking in (or not) a second person in the same room.....

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:18 AM, Host Clarea said:

Perhaps this is something new, but I've never been forced to give a credit card number in order to complete check-in.

We just had the same problem when my daughter was checking in today. What I did not like is that the system also made my daughter assign her credit card number to her 7 year old child before she could continue with the expense account and online check in. We do not want my 7 year old grandchild having access to my daughters credit card on his sail pass card. I am not sure how to handle this. I was going to try and reach out to my travel agent about it tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, NRichard10 said:

I am not sure how to handle this. 

Choose a cash account during check in (and choose no charging privileges for the grand kid). You may need to try different browsers if the cash account choice doesn't come up.

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2019 at 12:10 PM, PCWalton1 said:

This is the screen I get with has a cash option

image.thumb.png.32539465d8a809b732ecd2c0b0d294eb.png

On 7/1/2019 at 12:20 PM, custompcsys said:

Well, just for yucks and giggles I tried doing the edit with Internet Explorer (I was using Chrome when I checked in the first time) and there big as life was the screen just like PCWalton had posted.  Clicked on the option for cash and finished the check-in for myself and my wife.  So basically their website is coded to IE and won't handle cross-browser issues.  As a software consultant I'm kind of shocked at their IT people, that's a huge no-no these days.

The above screen is what I get using Google Chrome Version 75.0.3770.100. With IE 11 all I'm getting is a never ending circling arrow on a blue screen until I get a failure to load notice.