Doing an excursion and having someone watch children onboard..

shen61

We are doing an extended family cruise on the Escape in February. Our niece and nephew each have a child - will be 14 and 18 months at that time. If they want to do an excursion without the children can we and/or their grandmother keep the children on board. They are thinking that all of them would have to go and no one could stay on board with the children.

I (unfortunately) had the opportunity to share a cruise with a 4 year old little *****. My SIL stayed back on the ship with the unrelated child while the Mother was off doing an excursion.

• Haha 1

Of course you can babysit if you wish.  No one is connected at the hip in regards of who gets off and on the ship.  Your niece and nephew can go on shore, have a nice excursion sans children  reboard and hopefully your tour of duty will be over. (unless they miss the ship....🤣)

1 hour ago, softl said:

I (unfortunately) had the opportunity to share a cruise with a 4 year old little *****. My SIL stayed back on the ship with the unrelated child while the Mother was off doing an excursion.

LOL at this comment...  🙂

6 hours ago, shen61 said:

We are doing an extended family cruise on the Escape in February. Our niece and nephew each have a child - will be 14 and 18 months at that time. If they want to do an excursion without the children can we and/or their grandmother keep the children on board. 

Just remember that accidents do occur despite the best of care, and if the children should happen to get injured or run into some problem while the parents are away, there would be no one to legally authorize their care.

3 minutes ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Just remember that accidents do occur despite the best of care, and if the children should happen to get injured or run into some problem while the parents are away, there would be no one to legally authorize their care.

I was just about to allude to the same issue.  In the unlikely case that there is some medical need or even if the parents miss the ship it  may be prudent to have a limited power of attorney available.  That probably sounds like overkill but I'm a planner like that.   🙂

57 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

I was just about to allude to the same issue.  In the unlikely case that there is some medical need or even if the parents miss the ship it  may be prudent to have a limited power of attorney available.  That probably sounds like overkill but I'm a planner like that.   🙂

57 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

I agree. Although unlikely, accidents do happen and guests occasionally miss the ship following an unexpected event on an excursion.

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

When I use to take my nephew with me for the day or weekend my sister always sent me with a Letter of liability for him giving me authority        

Never needed it but we always had it.