How to pre-order minibar contents?

pasca

I emailed special services 2 weeks in advance with my preferences; the answer came back within 2 days. Wine/beer fine, gin fine (Tanqueray) but no Fever Tree tonic and the cognac I wanted wasn't avaialble though there was a very good alternative which I opted for. The tonic was a disappointment, but everything else was fine and my bar was stocked on arrival. As I love my cognac I did finish it before the cruise ended; butler restocked it on request with no fuss.

In cabin you usually get to pick two liquors and as many soft drinks and mixing sodas. But you could during the voyage end up with some additional wines and sparkling wines also.

For wines during the cruise it usually goes in two ways about 90 percent of the time. First and most popular way is guests just try the provided wines being offered during that diner serving. Keep in mind these wines are budget wines from all over the world and it would be very hard for guests to know about each wine without tasting them. 

Second way is hard to please or guests who have a pallet for higher priced wines, finding it difficult to except budget wines. The server will keep bringing you a different vineyard of the grape you requested until they exhaust supply. Usually you will fine one that is acceptable and they will have it for your entire voyage at each dining area. 

So having a list only causes more problems because it would promote guest asking to taste all of them... 

On 8/1/2019 at 7:46 AM, Perdidogirl said:

We are leaving this Sunday on the Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen and about a week ago I emailed Special Services to ask what kind of complimentary Pinot Grigio could be placed in our minibar. She was very evasive and sent me a list of wines that I could buy. Surely by now, they know what types of complimenatry wines they will be stocking!

To that point, is there a list of wines and spirits that are complimentary to view for pre-selection? Thanks

On 8/2/2019 at 4:00 PM, Observer said:

I think this is spot on. 

A ship may have been provisioned a couple of weeks ago with a few cases of (comp) wine x.   The next container of wines is not due to be loaded for several more weeks.  There may have been a run on (the lovely!) comp wine x, and the supply may have been exhausted by the time the inquiring guest boards.  Silversea (quite reasonably IMHO) does not want to commit to the availability of a wine that may be unavailable.  Other nice wines will be on offer, and a guest might discover a new favorite!

Good observation, perhaps would it wiser to make the request in advance via our TA or the guest services email and request (for example) a selection of Shiraz Wine  on the comp list?

On 1/30/2020 at 7:14 PM, silkismom said:

We will be on our first Silversea cruise, the Mar. Crossing, how many different types of liquor do people usually order for their stateroom?   Liquor, plus wine, plus after dinner drinks??

Following: I am interested in this query as well. Thanks

Just looking through this thread.  We will be on our first SS cruise in August.  Our itinerary has us in port at St. Petersburg for 3 days.  Does anyone have experience on how the “lock up” works when in a Port for extended amounts of time?  I enjoy a glass of champagne After returning from our excursions and my husband enjoys a beer or glass of red wine. Seems quite possible the open stock might become depleted some time during the 3 day period.  

• 3 months later...
On 2/8/2020 at 6:03 PM, LoryAnn said:

To that point, is there a list of wines and spirits that are complimentary to view for pre-selection? Thanks

I am also very interested in the answer to this question.  I can't seem to find a list anywhere.

On 8/2/2019 at 4:49 PM, Observer said:

I do not recall ever being presented with "an included list" on Silversea in my 20+ years of cruising with them.  Nor do I recall the presence of such a list on Crystal, Seabourn, or Regent (on each of which I have multiple cruises.)

Crystal has a printed list of their included wines - it is in every printed wine "book", with the wines for purchase in the front of the book and the complementary being the last two pages.

I have yet to find them run out of any of them, save for one particular wine on a very long segment.  Otherwise, always available.

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

Crystal has a printed list of their included wines - it is in every printed wine "book", with the wines for purchase in the front of the book and the complementary being the last two pages.

This is the Silversea forum and while there is a complimentary list, it's mysterious and not readily available as the wine change so frequently.  Wines for purchase on the Connoisseur list can be found within this forum using the search function.

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

This is the Silversea forum and while there is a complimentary list, it's mysterious and not readily available as the wine change so frequently.  Wines for purchase on the Connoisseur list can be found within this forum using the search function.

Well EXCUSE me.  I was responding to a comment made about finding complementary wine lists on other lines, providing info to a poster.

Thank you for putting me in my place for mentioning anything other than Silversea.  I will be sure to remember this for the future.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

I was responding to a comment made about finding complementary wine lists on other lines, providing info to a poster.

I must have missed that request.  I thought the person was inquiring about wines on Silversea.  I didn’t realize they were asking about wines on other lines.  Sorry for the offense I caused you.

• 1 month later...