GSC Cabana Question

Greenpea2

I know all the talk lately has been about the new Villas, but I’m interested in a small Cabana. Can someone tell me what they cost? And is this something that needs to be/can be booked before the cruise? I will be in the Haven so am wondering if the Concierge can reserve one for me—or would they be sold out already by then? Any info greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Greenpea2 said:

Thanks. Any estimate on cost? $300 or so? We will be on the Bliss. 

On the Sun it was $299 and on our Breakaway cruise it is $449. We ended up upgrading to a Villa on our Sun cruise because a villa was $350. On our Breakaway cruise, we have the villa booked for $699. Expensive, but worth it!

12 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

On the Sun it was $299 and on our Breakaway cruise it is $449. We ended up upgrading to a Villa on our Sun cruise because a villa was $350. On our Breakaway cruise, we have the villa booked for $699. Expensive, but worth it!

Thank you! It’s only two of us, we like to be outside but I need shade. No interest in having an indoor space with a TV, dining table, bathroom, sofa, etc. so a small cabana seems good. However, unless it is $300 or less, just not worth it in my opinion. I do understand that many people love all that stuff, just not my thing personally. I will just wait and see what it costs. I really appreciate the input though. 

Edited by Greenpea2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Thank you! It’s only two of us, we like to be outside but I need shade. No interest in having an indoor space with a TV, dining table, bathroom, sofa, etc. so a small cabana seems good. However, unless it is $300 or less, just not worth it in my opinion. I do understand that many people love all that stuff, just not my thing personally. I will just wait and see what it costs. I really appreciate the input though. 

I was unsure about upgrading at first. The biggest draw for me was the private beach and dining area! I did find the bathroom useful, though. It was nice to be able to shower off all of the salt and sand. I suspect I would’ve been very happy with the small cabana.

8 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

I was unsure about upgrading at first. The biggest draw for me was the private beach and dining area! I did find the bathroom useful, though. It was nice to be able to shower off all of the salt and sand. I suspect I would’ve been very happy with the small cabana.

The quieter beach is definitely an asset, I agree! If there were 4 or more of us, I would not feel $600 was crazy expensive.  But it’s just me and my sister. I can’t rationalize that price tag for the 2 of us. 🤪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greenpea2 said:

You should be able to see the pricing when you go to Explore and Plan under Shore excursions.  For the Getaway in October villas are $599, large cabanas $449, and small cabanas $399.  You can rent a clamshell for a lot less.

Edited by mertziek
  • Like 1

We got the Villa for our cruise in October for just $269 after our Latitudes discount.  At that price we couldn’t pass it up!

We’ve been to GSC many times before but have never been in a Villa or Cabana so we’re pretty excited.  

9 hours ago, mertziek said:

You should be able to see the pricing when you go to Explore and Plan under Shore excursions.  For the Getaway in October villas are $599, large cabanas $449, and small cabanas $399.  You can rent a clamshell for a lot less.

The only thing showing up on my "Plan your trip" page right now is the Villas. I guess it's too early (cruise isn't until February), but I will keep an eye out for it. I'd forgotten I get 15% off shore excursions. Do you know if the $50 shore excursion perk can also be used? That would bring it into range if I could use both. 

2 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

The only thing showing up on my "Plan your trip" page right now is the Villas. I guess it's too early (cruise isn't until February), but I will keep an eye out for it. I'd forgotten I get 15% off shore excursions. Do you know if the $50 shore excursion perk can also be used? That would bring it into range if I could use both. 

Yes, when I booked they said the shore excursion credit will be taken off.  (Just booked but not paid for it yet.)  Also, we have a platinum plus discount that will be applied.

1 minute ago, mertziek said:

Yes, when I booked they said the shore excursion credit will be taken off.  (Just booked but not paid for it yet.)  Also, we have a platinum plus discount that will be applied.

That's awesome! Thank you. Maybe I can swing it then--I will def look into it. Appreciate all the info. 🙂

Something to consider...

If you are a social kind of person, you can book a large cabana or villa, and hope that you meet a friendly couple on board to share with - both cost and location. May even want to consider throwing it out there if you are on a roll call. 

Granted, you may lose or win at that proposition, but it may be a good way of saving costs while having a luxury beach experience. 

We tried to convince our balcony neighbors who we hit it off with to come join us - even for free - on our villa. They preferred staying on the boat and having a true sea day. We showed them the photos of the villas afterwards and the wife literally slugged her dear hubby in the arm 🙂

You wont lose in any case - there are rarely bad days on the beach....but often GREAT days on the beach!

Amy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone!  I have a large cabana booked for October 6th and I don't believe they do things like they use to. (When I booked a small cabana a few years back) Curious to know if we go straight to guest services and pick our cabana # once we get onboard or if they are now assigned to you and no picking?? Does anyone know? Thanks for your help!