New Carnival AMEX Offer!

I have used this offer so many times in the last few years it's not funny.  We get about 1/2 off of all the cruises we book using these offers.

We have 4 AmEx cards - Plat, 2 Blue Cash, Delta.  I've never gotten the offer on our Delta card.  However, we have cards for all of our kids under us (and that's 7) when we started helping them establish credit several years back, and we are users on each others cards.  The trick to get the offer on each card is to have a login/username for each card.  We have all of ours set individually.  I go in and add the offer to each card when available and use them all to pay balances.  That's 11 options I get to use the offer when it comes up.  You can't beat that w/ a stick!

I use reward cards like some people coupon and reap rewards for EVERYTHING.

I've seen offers to "World's Leading Cruise Line" which is all of Carnival's lines in the past.   As well as individual ones for Princess, Holland, Costa and a few others.  I will add them ~ EVEN if we don't have balances to pay for.  I was told awhile back by an AmEx rep that adding offers (even if you don't use them) insures you will be chosen for those offers in the future, so I've added them ever since.

Edited by auscgguysgirl
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, saharaga said:

How'd you get this on an AMEX Delta card? I have a Delta Skymiles card that I'm seriously thinking about cancelling because it has so few offers I'm interested in, among other things. There's even a Delta offer on flights that's NOT on the Skymiles card 🤷‍♀️. If Delta won't even put offers on their own branded card, what's the point of having it? I get travel offers on my Amex Blue, not on the Delta Skymiles.

I said this in my last post ... I've never gotten the offer in my Delta Skymiles card either.  The ONLY time I use my DSM card is to book Delta flights - then I transfer the miles over to my Plat Travel card to redeem.  I've seriously thought about canceling this card too.  The only reason I have it is b/c I got it when it wasn't offering a yearly fee and got the 150K bonus miles - that was first class airfare to NOLA round trip for free. 🕵️‍♀️

Used this on the last day, 8/19, on 2 AMEX cards.  It's trouble whenever the email doesn't show up saying the offers were used. Just chatted with AMEX reps online and have been informed the transactions qualify and to be on the lookout for the credit.  Just a pain when it's not automated.

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

Yes, I did the same last Saturday and received no confirmation as of yesterday. Was getting kind of worried but may be Amex is just being slow this time around. Keeping my fingers crossed for the best.

I didn't receive the email confirming I used the offer either.  But my husband received an email for his use.  You can check under "Savings" and see if it shows that you redeemed the offer.  Mine showed up there a day before the credit appeared on my account.