Cabana Rentals on the EDGE

driftychick

I booked a split cabana on our upcoming Apex (3/19) on both sea days.  My only reason was for the comfy seating and having a sure place to put our stuff for the day, get drinks and food without an issue from the butlers and generally have a space on a crowded pool deck.

I don't mind people walking by at all.  It is their ship too.  This is just my seat(s) for that day.  🙂

That is my only issue with sea days is having a space to call home by the pool.  I am not a chair hog/ early riser.  I can't do that to other people but this way, I've paid for my space so I feel good about that.

Even if I'm not actively sitting there, I don't mind leaving my stuff because I paid for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RainbowTraveler said:

I booked a split cabana on our upcoming Apex (3/19) on both sea days.  My only reason was for the comfy seating and having a sure place to put our stuff for the day, get drinks and food without an issue from the butlers and generally have a space on a crowded pool deck.

I don't mind people walking by at all.  It is their ship too.  This is just my seat(s) for that day.  🙂

That is my only issue with sea days is having a space to call home by the pool.  I am not a chair hog/ early riser.  I can't do that to other people but this way, I've paid for my space so I feel good about that.

Even if I'm not actively sitting there, I don't mind leaving my stuff because I paid for it.

I booked a split cabana on the Apex for later this year, so I'd love to know your experiences when you return. Especially if you think it's worth it!

20 hours ago, RainbowTraveler said:

On Edge and Apex they face the ocean and a public walkway. On the new Beyond they face the pool with view to the ocean so I think that will be allot better. They are always empty whenever we sailed so I'm not sure people like them. If a drink package is not included in your room, it might be nice to do a couple of days in the cabanas because the price includes drinks and food. Otherwise I don't think they are worth it. Especially now because ships are only a little over half full so pool seating is good! Also if you have a suite, the Retreat has allot of seating and cabanas by the pool that usually open.

• 5 months later...

I rented a cabana on the Beyond. They moved the cabanas to the pool deck from that back walkway on the Edge and Apex. However the blazing sun is cooking you in your cabana all day with no shade. The best part is the service is absolutely amazing. 

Edited by TexasUSAcruiswr
  • Like 1

On 2/24/2022 at 11:50 AM, RainbowTraveler said:

Perfect use and expectations

On 8/17/2022 at 1:11 AM, TexasUSAcruiswr said:

You will be very happy with your choice! 

I did love the Cabana on Apex and had a wonderful day.  I was taken care of completely by the butler assigned to the cabana that brought me drinks, Evian face sprays, waters, lunch, snacks, fruit, even an ice cream cone!  It was wonderful!  

On 2/24/2022 at 11:50 AM, RainbowTraveler said:

Hi Rainbow Traveler-- can you post a picture; would love to see, thanks.

6 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Hi Rainbow Traveler-- can you post a picture; would love to see, thanks.

I’m not Rainbow Traveler, but here are a couple of pics I took on Apex

half cabana set-up
7F547101-3FD6-403C-93F0-4EB21323A289.thumb.jpeg.0b3bca30fc842990f5a70450025d9756.jpeg

Full cabana

25DA5BFB-29AB-4A02-9A71-8F48B583992F.thumb.jpeg.1b111aa92019c812e3ee65ee59b16de2.jpeg

Edited by bama4cruisin
  • Like 1

Hello,

First time Celebrity cruiser here. 

I am thinking of booking a 1/2 cabana for a sea day next spring on Apex. When I look at the booking request form there is no information about what is actually included -- bottled water, special food menu, Veuve, etc. In fact, it actually states food and beverages are not included. (?)

I searched the Celebrity website for more info, but can't find a thing. I don't want to book it if it's just a small couch and we have to pay extra for everything we order. 

Am I missing something? Thank you!!

Screenshot_20220819-105150.png

Screenshot_20220819-105201.png

Screenshot_20220819-105207.png

We're on the Apex. It looks like the full Cabana set-up would be better for four people? We are two couples on separate reservations but connected.

Also, do these have to be booked once on board, or does the lack of a booking option in the app mean they are already booked?

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2022 at 11:06 AM, carolina_yankee said:

We're on the Apex. It looks like the full Cabana set-up would be better for four people? We are two couples on separate reservations but connected.

Also, do these have to be booked once on board, or does the lack of a booking option in the app mean they are already booked?

@carolina_yankee did you get your cabana?  Was it port or sea day?  Did you enjoy it?

On 8/19/2022 at 11:06 AM, carolina_yankee said:

It says the half only accommodates 2 max. So if you have 4 you'd need the full cabana.

Usually they have shown up in advance - but I'm not sure what section they are under.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 10:06 AM, carolina_yankee said:

They are under the specialty dining section, which is a bit odd. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zitsky said:

@carolina_yankee did you get your cabana?  Was it port or sea day?  Did you enjoy it?

We sail Nov 12. It’s on our “do list,” but the other couple don’t want to book before seeing them. I believe the phrase “could be the most attractive uncomfortable seats ever” was used in the conversation.  I see enough pillows that it probably doesn’t matter, but it also depends on if we feel we really need them to hang out, and what the weather is like, too. 

23 minutes ago, carolina_yankee said:

We sail Nov 12. It’s on our “do list,” but the other couple don’t want to book before seeing them. I believe the phrase “could be the most attractive uncomfortable seats ever” was used in the conversation.  I see enough pillows that it probably doesn’t matter, but it also depends on if we feel we really need them to hang out, and what the weather is like, too. 

We sail in Mediterranean next May so I’m thinking about it.  I do wonder how comfortable the seats and/or cushions are.

On 8/16/2022 at 11:59 AM, TexasUSAcruiswr said:

I rented a cabana on the Beyond. They moved the cabanas to the pool deck from that back walkway on the Edge and Apex. However the blazing sun is cooking you in your cabana all day with no shade. The best part is the service is absolutely amazing. 

Looking forward to ours. Regarding SUN exposure... that all depends on the time of day (year), direction the ship is travelling, hemisphere, etc. 

1 hour ago, adolfo2 said:

Looking forward to ours. Regarding SUN exposure... that all depends on the time of day (year), direction the ship is travelling, hemisphere, etc. 

Exactly, on our cruise sun was more the exception than the rule.

DSC04068mcrops.jpg

• Like 1