Earliest Flight from SFO

exbrit1941

Hi everyone, We are new to Princess cruises and will be on the April 20th San Francisco round trip Hawaii cruise. We arrive back in SF.at 7a.m. on a Tuesday.Do you think we would be able to make a 1pm flight using the ships shuttle to SFO. Thank you all for all the help on this board.

You should not have a problem for a 1PM flight.  Consider using Uber/Lyft or even a taxi instead of the ship shuttle, and that way the timing will be totallly under your control.  SFO is less than 1/2 hour from the ship by car.

I'll add my voice to the chorus confirming a 1PM flight should be safe.  I'll differ with some and suggest that, in my personal experience, I'd rely on a standard taxi over an Uber for this particular ride.  For whatever reason, I've never had less than a 20 minute wait for an Uber from the pier whereas there always seem to be dozens of cabs standing by to leave.  

I use Uber TO the pier but have learned to use a taxi FROM.  Either way, expect the ride to the airport to take 30 - 40 minutes mid morning.    

I live 5 miles south of SFO, always use a taxi from the port home... usually about a 30 minute ride once you get in a taxi, which is what I use too.    There will be a line to get in a taxi.  1 PM is no problem, I request a departure time off the ship as early  by telling the ship you have arranged a pick up vs give them your flight time.      I agree with others, then you are in control of your departure.   I do the same  in all ports, I never tell the cruise my flight time.  We always use a taxi to the airport. 

4 hours ago, Coral said:

look at your thread:

Strange - maybe I am confusing posts and thought this was mine

Edit - Yes, I clicked on the wrong post😞

Edited by Tedferg