Dining - Summit advice

Donut23

2 hours ago, Donut23 said:

Dont you hate it when places we love are discovered and change.  😞

That's so funny.  Back several years ago the room/area that is now where people sit to eat at Café Bacio...wait for it...USED TO BE a card and game room.  So yeah there were plenty of card players who hated the change.

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

I don't understand a part of your Original Post, if your friend has an inside cabin, how do you get to eat in Blu.  Also, Celebrity has always been very strict about non AQ cabins not eating in Blu.  Are you in and AQ cabin and I sure hope you got that in writing.  

We booked a Concierge Level Accessible cabin for 3 passengers last December.  It’s aft facing - a requirement for my Hubs, Jim and Accessible for me.  We sent back the document regarding my issues requiring the special cabin and a letter from my physician.  We bought no-fault travel Insurance which covers pre-exhisting conditions.

We thought we were set.

A few weeks after final payment Jim got a cryptic message from Celebrity.  On the call back we discovered Jim and I were moved to a smaller, non accessible AC cabin on the side of the ship and our friend was just floating around in the Celebrity computer somewhere.

If that wasn’t bad enough, the Celebrity people refused to return us to our cabin, it was already filled with other guests.

It took an agonizing trip up the Customer Service food chain until we found Mirai.  She finally listened to us and looked at our record.

The guests were removed from the original cabin (which had been reclassified from Concierge/Triple to AC/Double) our friend was givin an inside cabin a sneeze away at no additional charge.  He will have all the perks of AC including Blu.

We also can dine in any specialty restaurant for no charge for all 7 nights.

There are more upgrade tidbits but no need to discuss them.

By the way, we NEVER asked for anything other than to have our original reservation reinstated.

Jim or I have spoken to Celebrity a few times since and each time the agent has told us the reservation is flagged as VIP and the upgrades listed.

What really is killing me?  My medical issues have resurfaced.  It’s touch and go if my doctors will allow me to sail - depending on the results of a biopsy being scheduled.

We fought so hard to get our cabin back and I have always wanted to share Bermuda with Jim and Lou.

Now all I can do is wait and ... cry.

4 minutes ago, Donut23 said:

We booked a Concierge Level Accessible cabin for 3 passengers last December.  It’s aft facing - a requirement for my Hubs, Jim and Accessible for me.  We sent back the document regarding my issues requiring the special cabin and a letter from my physician.  We bought no-fault travel Insurance which covers pre-exhisting conditions.

We thought we were set.

A few weeks after final payment Jim got a cryptic message from Celebrity.  On the call back we discovered Jim and I were moved to a smaller, non accessible AC cabin on the side of the ship and our friend was just floating around in the Celebrity computer somewhere.

If that wasn’t bad enough, the Celebrity people refused to return us to our cabin, it was already filled with other guests.

It took an agonizing trip up the Customer Service food chain until we found Mirai.  She finally listened to us and looked at our record.

The guests were removed from the original cabin (which had been reclassified from Concierge/Triple to AC/Double) our friend was givin an inside cabin a sneeze away at no additional charge.  He will have all the perks of AC including Blu.

By the way, we NEVER asked for anything other than to have our original reservation reinstated.

Jim or I have spoken to Celebrity a few times since and each time the agent has told us the reservation is flagged as VIP and the upgrades listed.

What really is killing me?  My medical issues have resurfaced.  It’s touch and go if my doctors will allow me to sail - depending on the results of a biopsy being scheduled.

We fought so hard to get our cabin back and I have always wanted to share Bermuda with Jim and Lou.

Best wishes, sounds like a great deal after all that aggravation. When are you going, we are going on August 25th, Bermuda is beautiful, we have been there many times.

8 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Best wishes, sounds like a great deal after all that aggravation. When are you going, we are going on August 25th, Bermuda is beautiful, we have been there many times.

Wave!  We will be boarding when you are leaving!

so much about this cruise is perfect.

Giant Aft Facing balcony cabin

Lou along so Jim and Lou can go off on adventures if I’m too tired

Lou is one of my best friends and to have a week with him will be great

Bermuda.  In my professional yachting days I would often spend a week or more in Bermuda moving the boat North or South.  Bermuda always felt like home.

To tell the truth, I personally would be happy to just see Bermuda from the ship (if I wasn’t strong enough to go ashore).

BUT ..... I really hope to see Powerful or Faithful.  Bermuda’s 2 tugs.

Faithful helped bring our boat through the cut into St George’s at the tail end of a hurricane when I had been hurt offshore.

Would love to see my Faithful again!❤️❤️

48 minutes ago, Donut23 said:

We thought we were set.

I will believe you are going to sail AND have fun ... let us know how things went!

Congrats on getting your cabin back...

bon voyage

2 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I will believe you are going to sail AND have fun ... let us know how things went!

Congrats on getting your cabin back...

bon voyage

Oh I’m stacking in anticipation of packing.  

Got beautiful new luggage (my old were victims of lots of travel with work).

I’m writing the to do lists, the packing lists, etc

Im smiling, with fingers crossed.

Thank you for your enthusiasm.

❤️❤️👍

Just off Summit yesterday. Hubby and I dined at both Qsine and Tuscan Grill twice (three times at Qsine if you count the special lobster lunch we enjoyed there the first sea day). Very good food choices at both venues - we certainly never left hungry! The beef short rib pasta at Tuscan was especially tasty, as were the meatballs. Loved the spring rolls and sushi lollipops at Qsine. Summit does not yet have the Le Petit Chef in Qsine but I'm not sure if there are plans to bring it in. 

The Powerful tug was docked at King's Wharf so I hope you will get to see it on your visit! I've attached a photo taken from our balcony. 

109.jpg

3 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Just off Summit yesterday. Hubby and I dined at both Qsine and Tuscan Grill twice (three times at Qsine if you count the special lobster lunch we enjoyed there the first sea day). Very good food choices at both venues - we certainly never left hungry! The beef short rib pasta at Tuscan was especially tasty, as were the meatballs. Loved the spring rolls and sushi lollipops at Qsine. Summit does not yet have the Le Petit Chef in Qsine but I'm not sure if there are plans to bring it in. 

The Powerful tug was docked at King's Wharf so I hope you will get to see it on your visit! I've attached a photo taken from our balcony. 

109.jpg

IT’S POWERFUL!

Ahhhhhh😍😍😍😍😍😍

thank you you so much for the suggestions (I’m in for Lobster Lunch 👍) and, of course, my Powerful!

• Like 1