Cruise-Related Gifting Giving for RCL Cruisers

If you think cruise-related gift giving is a silly topic, next topic please, have a great day! 🙋🏼‍♀️.  But .... if you and your spouse are avid cruisers or your sister, best friend, favorite customer, or parents love to cruise, then this might just what you need 🙂

DH and I always make a real effort to find each other a gift the other will truly love (or at least one the other really want).  So as we just celebrated our anniversary, my sweet husband headed to Jared’s (honestly, I have told him to stop doing that but clearly he hasn’t!) and bought me an anchor earring and necklace set with small blue and white diamonds (he came up with the idea when he noticed me looking at some anchor earrings online). For him, I bought a shawl collar tuxedo with all the “fixings” (including shoes). He usually rents a tuxedo onboard, brings a dark suite, or on occasion wears his USMC Officer evening dress that is the military version of a tuxedo - but now, he will be able to customize his own tuxedo. 

Our interest in buying each other cruise-related gifts made me curious about what other people have bought when they want to give a cruise-related gift (other than a cruise itself 🤣.  What kind of creative gifts have our fellow RCL cruisers come up with?? After all, there are more anniversaries, birthdays, Christmases and I need more ideas!

4 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Had a custom made cruise themed quilt made. 

I wouldn’t have thought of that! So you just picked the fabric or appliqués? Sounds great. I guess someone could also make one of those “t-shirt” quilts out of various travel t-shirts (well after a number of years cruising at least). 😊

7 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I picked a few fabrics, the makers made the other choices. Oh ya, I added a pile of cash to the mix. 

A pile of cash is always a good accessory. I have a birthday this month, feel free to forward me a pile 😂

On 7/5/2019 at 11:28 AM, 2Beeze said:

What kind of creative gifts have our fellow RCL cruisers come up with?? After all, there are more anniversaries, birthdays, Christmases and I need more ideas!

We do not sail in suites (where some lines provide), so I got dr'spin a pair of small but good binoculars at REI. Small because we try not to check a bag.

34 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

We do not sail in suites (where some lines provide), so I got dr'spin a pair of small but good binoculars at REI. Small because we try not to check a bag.

That is a good gift and something a person might hesitate to buy for themselves thinking they may can do without it. That is one of the best kind of gifts, the ones where you can give something the person really wants or needs but wouldn’t buy for himself or herself.

21 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

While normally I would be glad to send you  a stack, I don’t know your address and I’m lucky that it here on cruisecritic you shouldn’t be giving that out.! 😮😀🤪🤡

I am so happy that you are looking out for by best interest 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣

2Breeze,

Congrats on a hubby who will wear his military uniform on formal nights. I love to see them. Hubby won't wear his anymore. The first time he did the captain noticed and we were invited to dine with him which was great. The second time there was an emergency and some crew came up to him thinking he was the captain. After that I have had no luck talking him into wearing it again. He doesn't like the attention he gets so it's just a regular tux these days. Maybe I will see you 2 on a cruise. Wished more military would wear them on formal nights.

I think it's lovely that you gift each other on your cruise. After my last cruise, I searched online and found an anchor pendant on my own. My DH is wonderful, but he would have a hard time figuring out what size pendant or earrings I liked. When I buy my own jewelry, I always thank him for his great taste and sense of style!

On our last beach getaway, we bought a box of chocolates from a wonderful confectioners shop. It was our way of doing the chocolates on the pillow every night. We were actually good and only had one chocolate each night. Think this will be a standard on our cruises if we know we don't get chocolates.