Meraviglia or Seaside, which to choose?

MamatoJack

18 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

was the ropes course free?

We have only sailed on Seaside so far.  The lip line was $20.00 per cabin.  We are on the Meraviglia next and from what I understand there is not a charge for the ropes course.  You do need to sign a waiver for this activity as well as the waterslides in advance.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong about the fee.

11 minutes ago, Jaco5NC said:

We have only sailed on Seaside so far.  The lip line was $20.00 per cabin.  We are on the Meraviglia next and from what I understand there is not a charge for the ropes course.  You do need to sign a waiver for this activity as well as the waterslides in advance.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong about the fee.

Thanks! We are on Meraviglia in April 2020. I am still very hesitant to go with MSC.

RCI and NCL doesn't charge for activities like ropes course, waterslides, zip line, or rock climbing, but I know next to nothing about MSC.

43 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Thanks! We are on Meraviglia in April 2020. I am still very hesitant to go with MSC.

RCI and NCL doesn't charge for activities like ropes course, waterslides, zip line, or rock climbing, but I know next to nothing about MSC.

Nice! We are looking forward to our 2nd cruise with MSC. RCI and NCL may not charge for the use of those activities, but since we considered cruises on both of them before deciding on the MSC Meraviglia, the price was decisive for us (we're in a Yacht Club cabin for about $700 pp less than RCI or NCL for the same itinerary and time period). We'll still consider them in the future, though. We're not beholden to any one cruise line. 

22 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Nice! We are looking forward to our 2nd cruise with MSC. RCI and NCL may not charge for the use of those activities, but since we considered cruises on both of them before deciding on the MSC Meraviglia, the price was decisive for us (we're in a Yacht Club cabin for about $700 pp less than RCI or NCL for the same itinerary and time period). We'll still consider them in the future, though. We're not beholden to any one cruise line. 

gotcha. The price was not a deciding factor for us. It cost us the same $1,600 for an inside cabin for the 3 of us on RCI's Allure during spring break 2019 as it does on Meraviglia during spring break 2020.

4 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

MSC only charges for the zipline (at least on the Seaside).  The waterslides should be free, you just need to sign a waiver before you ride them.

My wife and I went ahead and booked the Seaside over the NCL Encore for next year because the price was just a better deal on the Seaside.  We booked in the Yacht Club (MSC's version of The Haven) for slightly less than we were paying for a simple balcony on the Encore.  We would have seen large savings had we went with anything but the YC, it just felt like our money went a lot further on MSC than it did on NCL for a very similar product.

If you're interested in looking into the ships more, I highly suggest checking out some of the reviews and Vlogs on YouTube from people who have sailed on the ships.  The Vlogs certainly have their own take on things, but buried within the show on most of them is a very informative review of how the ships actually are.  My wife and I learned a lot from the hours of vlogs on the Seaside from both Sean & Stef IRL as well as Josh Hocum as they both really helped set the stage on the everyday life rather than a canned 15 minute review.  These are just two, and I know there are many others who have similar trips that you could check out as well.

MSC also charges for the 4D Cinema, F1 race car and 10 pin bowling, however they have a fun pass that can be purchased and can be used by all people in the cabin.

From memory it also includes the zip line.