Large Group Table for Fixed Time Dining

We are traveling on Allure of the Seas next year (July 2020). What started as household only vacation of four people has now expanded to a family vacation with the older kids and their spouses/significant others. At the moment we are up to 11 people coming from multiple countries (US and Canada) who are booked through five separate reservations and we may be adding 1 or 2 more. 

Question 1) We have all chosen the late night 8:30 PM fixed time dining. What is the largest table they have available? Any chance we can all get seated together or will we be split over two tables?

Question 2) For those of you familiar with traveling with guests from a different country who booked under their native currency --- We always have issues linking reservations between the US and Canadian groups when we have traveled on Royal in the past because of the differences in currency (forms of payment) prohibit the reservations from being fully linked together. Last cruise we couldn't get dining (or shore excursions or anything) linked together for seating purposes until we boarded the ship and talked to the dining room staff who then linked us together. With such a large group this time I don't want to wait until we board because I want us to eat together. Currently only 2 of the 11 are under Canadian currency bookings where the rest are US. Any suggestions on making this happen?

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, ancestry said:

Question 1) . What is the largest table they have available? Any chance we can all get seated together or will we be split over two tables?

10-12. About 3 weeks before sailing email rcldining@rccl.com with all the bookings and ask to be seated at one table. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ancestry said:

Question 2) For those of you familiar with traveling with guests from a different country who booked under their native currency --- We always have issues linking reservations between the US and Canadian groups when we have traveled on Royal in the past because of the differences in currency (forms of payment) prohibit the reservations from being fully linked together. Last cruise we couldn't get dining (or shore excursions or anything) linked together for seating purposes until we boarded the ship and talked to the dining room staff who then linked us together. With such a large group this time I don't want to wait until we board because I want us to eat together. Currently only 2 of the 11 are under Canadian currency bookings where the rest are US. Any suggestions on making this happen?

Thanks!

The people at rcldining@rccl.com should be able to handle this.  They don't care about the different booking currencies.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The people at rcldining@rccl.com should be able to handle this.  They don't care about the different booking currencies.

Marlene at rccl dining is awesome.    Any time I've ever had an item like this, she makes sure the ship is noyified and requests are filled.    She even makes sure I get orange sherbet each night for dessert.

Something to think about. We frequently cruise with a group of friends, up to 12 of us. We always tried to get one big table that we could all sit at. When our group got to 12, we found that one table did not work. There was no way we could have one conversation at a table that big. We usually had 3 or 4 conversations going on at once and the people sitting in the middle of the table got bombarded with noise. After that cruise we decide to try 2 tables next to each other. It worked out so much better. You could have one conversation at a table and nobody had trouble following along. We switched seats every night so we had an opportunity to dine and converse with everyone in the group. From now on we will never have a table that seats more than 8.

• Like 2

I would contact RCL dining at least 60 days out.  We've had a group of 9 on both Oasis & Allure and not a problem.  We were placed in one of the side dining rooms and it worked wonders as we had 3 children and provided some privacy in case they acted up.:classic_biggrin:  We were assigned table #607 on Oasis and #608 on Allure.  Also, was easier to enter via the side dining  vs the MDR entrance.

We sailed on Symphony this past Feb. and the side restaurants are not inherent on this ship.  Don't know if Harmony is like Oasis/Allure or Symphony.

We will be a group of 24(yes 24), should I contact Marlene as well and she will hopefully work her magic? The Rhapsody has a conference room off the MDR. Wonder if Marlene can give us that for such a large group?

Edited by smalltimecruiser100

Have to agree with cruiseguy1016. We have had a family table of 10 and it was impossible to converse with half the table.  Two tables for 6 near each other works out well. You can change up tables and seating night by night. happy cruising.  Side note. They have a very large round table just as you walk in that may have seating for 12.  Pass on it,  people passing and walking  along both sides throughout the dinner service.  Allure is awesome. happy cruising