Delfins Beach Resort

cruisecookie

Has anyone used the day pass to Delfins Beach Resort?  Please tell me about the beach.  Can you walk into the water --  or do you have to jump off a dock or take stairs into the water? Is the water very rocky?  Do you need to wear water shoes?  Can you swim in the ocean water?  How is the pool?  Is there much shade on the beach or at the pool?

I posted this on another thread. But I think the Bonaire board is more appropriate. lol

My family and I were just there In april while on Freedom.  Resort is Beautiful, pool is beautiful with an upscale feel to it. Food and drinks were very good but on the pricey side. Plenty of chairs and shade on the beach , Ocean was a little  rocky getting in but once you get past  that nice soft sand. (all of bonaires beaches are rocky). Snorkeling  right from beach was very good ,tons of fish. My family and I really liked the place.  And this is what I did.  Took a cab $3 a person, each way.  I booked day pass directly through Delfins was $15 per adult and kids under  12 were free. also upgraded to a cabana for like $10. Wasn't needed but what the hell its $10. I also rented a electric golf cart through them for $65 and  self toured the southern loop of the island. Stopped at Pink Beach, Slave huts,Salt flats, Lighthouse, Jive City, Donkey Sanctuary and a couple of other places. All in all had a great time. Would recommend.  If there are any other questions, ask away and I'll  do my best to answer. 

• Thanks 2

On 7/7/2019 at 12:38 PM, jptoz said:

I posted this on another thread. But I think the Bonaire board is more appropriate. lol

My family and I were just there In april while on Freedom.  Resort is Beautiful, pool is beautiful with an upscale feel to it. Food and drinks were very good but on the pricey side. Plenty of chairs and shade on the beach , Ocean was a little  rocky getting in but once you get past  that nice soft sand. (all of bonaires beaches are rocky). Snorkeling  right from beach was very good ,tons of fish. My family and I really liked the place.  And this is what I did.  Took a cab $3 a person, each way.  I booked day pass directly through Delfins was $15 per adult and kids under  12 were free. also upgraded to a cabana for like $10. Wasn't needed but what the hell its $10. I also rented a electric golf cart through them for $65 and  self toured the southern loop of the island. Stopped at Pink Beach, Slave huts,Salt flats, Lighthouse, Jive City, Donkey Sanctuary and a couple of other places. All in all had a great time. Would recommend.  If there are any other questions, ask away and I'll  do my best to answer. 

Did you pre reserve the golf cart?  Was it $65 for the whole day?  Did they provide the snorkel equipment? 

4 hours ago, mattR said:

Did you pre reserve the golf cart?  Was it $65 for the whole day?  Did they provide the snorkel equipment? 

Yes I pre reserved  online.   Can put 4 people in cart. Yes it was $65 for the whole day. I only use for half, to tour the southern loop, and then spent the other half at the resort.  I had my own snorkel equipment. There is a dive shop there, but I'm not sure if they rent gear or only sell. Also they do rent  some gas cars but I didn't need that for what I wanted to do.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 4:24 PM, hcat said:

How far is the Resort from the cruise ship dock?  Any trouble with return by taxi?

10 minute ride. No problem at all with return to ship. Front desk was very accomodating. Would call for pick up whenever you liked.

• 2 months later...

We have reserved a golf cart to be picked up at the port [$100.deposit/ 95.USD for the day, includes map, gasoline and insurance - reserved through Bonaire Cruisers] and plan to take a short drive around the island, check out sites of interest and then head to Delfin's where we have a reservation. When we tried to reserve a cart at the resort, they were already sold out/reserved by people who are staying on the island. No need for a cab and we'll be able to come and go based on what we want to do. 

Darcy