Aqua Class and Dining

Cruisingirl2012

Hi, will be my first time sailing Aqua Class.  Just wondering if people tend to stick to Blu for dining or still go to MDR?   Do you need to advise table mates that you will not be at the MDR one night etc. ? My apologies if this was already asked, I tried to search but could not find anything regarding this.

If you have any other tips to provide, please don't hesitate to fill me in.  Thank you

It is always polite to let the Restaurant Manager know if you plan on eating in a different venue but not strictly required.  If in Aqua we would dine in Blu each evening.   Blu (at least on m-class and possibly S-class) have menus for the MDR and you can order from that menu if you desire.

8 minutes ago, Cruisingirl2012 said:

Hi, will be my first time sailing Aqua Class.  Just wondering if people tend to stick to Blu for dining or still go to MDR?   Do you need to advise table mates that you will not be at the MDR one night etc. ? My apologies if this was already asked, I tried to search but could not find anything regarding this.

If you have any other tips to provide, please don't hesitate to fill me in.  Thank you

Just an FYI, you do not have a seat assigned for you in the MDR so it will depend on availability.

3 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Just an FYI, you do not have a seat assigned for you in the MDR so it will depend on availability.

Oh ok.  Makes sense so where we are now in Aqua Class, the selected seating is no longer ie : we chose early dining when we had veranda.  

1 minute ago, Cruisingirl2012 said:

Oh ok.  Makes sense so where we are now in Aqua Class, the selected seating is no longer ie : we chose early dining when we had veranda.  

Aqua Class is 100% select seating. You just show up when you want to eat; no reservations and no set times. Occasionally during peak hours there may be a short wait, but often no wait. You do not have tablemates, but will just be sat with your own party. As others have mentioned, you do not have space designated in the Main Dining Room; if you want to try the MDR instead of Blu (the restaurant for Aqua Class) for a night or two, speak with the Maitre'D at Blu and they will try to arrange this for you (usually it is not a problem). Most find Blu a step up from the MDR; I personally would not eat in the MDR if I had access to Blu. In addition to dinner, Blu is also open for breakfast, but is not open for lunch.

• Like 1

When we have Blu, we only dine in MDR if we meet others on board and want to dine with them.  To me, biggest difference between Blu and MDR is the atmosphere and service and not the food.  Blu is more like a restaurant and MDR is a humongous and much louder banquet hall.  In Blu, if you have classic drink package, they will always refill your wine when they see it close to empty.  In MDR, I feel as if you have to beg and hunt down your waiter.  The food is slightly better in Blu, but the experience is much better - just my own opinion.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruisingirl2012 said:

On a few nights, we do not go to Blu.  We will either go to a themed meal (Fish Night, German, etc.). at the Buffet or to a Specialty Restaurant.  In Blu, they try to seat you in similar section of the restaurant so there is familiarity with the wait staff and they with you.

• Like 1