Disembarkation luggage question

Janetonboard

I'm new to cruising and have booked our first NCL cruise that will disembark in New York. We have booked the free air perk, with transfer, so we will be heading to the airport from the ship on an NCL transfer. 

My question is about luggage. When they pick up our luggage from our room the night before disembarking, will it be waiting for us to pick up in the terminal before we head to the airport bus transfer, or will the luggage be taken directly to the bus transfer? 

I'll be sure to follow any disembarkation instructions from NCL while on board, but I'm just curious what others have experienced when disembarking in New York. 

Thanks

If you want your luggage taken off the ship by NCL, you just set it outside you cabin before midnight the last night.  Specifics will be give you though.   If you have so little that you can carry  it all  off by yourself, then you may do so and exit the ship with the first group of persons, ahead of those that need to claim luggage.  

1 hour ago, Janetonboard said:

I'm new to cruising and have booked our first NCL cruise that will disembark in New York. We have booked the free air perk, with transfer, so we will be heading to the airport from the ship on an NCL transfer. 

My question is about luggage. When they pick up our luggage from our room the night before disembarking, will it be waiting for us to pick up in the terminal before we head to the airport bus transfer, or will the luggage be taken directly to the bus transfer? 

I'll be sure to follow any disembarkation instructions from NCL while on board, but I'm just curious what others have experienced when disembarking in New York. 

Thanks

You can do 3 options:

1st Option - put luggage before midnight and your luggage will be in the terminal when you disembark.  

2nd Option - if you are able; you can carry your luggage when you disembark 

3rd Option - get airport transfer service that NCL is offering onboard and you can choose to have your luggage 

be delivered to the airport.  

1 hour ago, Janetonboard said:

Thanks

In the "good old days" (pre 9/11), your luggage would be given directly to the airline and you would get it upon arrival to your home city.  Not true anymore.  Now you have to take your luggage through customs.  NCL will assign you a debarkation group for airport transfer that corresponds to your flight time.  You can put the luggage out the night before and pick it up in the terminal, or you can take it off with you.

I use the NCL transfer service on every cruise now. I too, pre pay for my transfer.  I receive the luggage tags in my cabin a couple of days prior to disembark, usually they're RED. Fill out the info, put the luggage out around 11PM the night before disembark and walk off when my colour is called. 

My luggage is easy find in the terminal b/c they separate the tags by colour. Take my luggage to the bus and voilà, all done. 😉

Easy peasy. 

As davy jones noted above - there are no luggage transfer services, and, most definitely not offered by NCL in New York - OP and others, you have 2 options - do the carry off yourself if managable or put them out by 11 p.m. or midnight, whatever the instructions are (once onboard) as you will get using special color tags for NCL airport-bus transfer.  Once inside the terminal when your color is called, locate & collect your bags, then look for signs & pier staff to direct to the boarding area for the buses (downstairs or street level) & hand the bags over to the bus driver.  Otherwise, you walk/pull your bags thru - past CBP & do the same, follow signs & directions to find the transfer buses - load the bags & board.  

• Like 1

Can anyone offer me some advice please: we dock in Southampton at 05.00 what is the earliest time we will be able to disembark. ( can we choose out colour code and time if we want NCL to take our luggage off)