bidding on garden villa

meglet

Any tips, previous experiences?  I know there's a whole thread on bidding, but it would take a long time to go through looking for a needle in a haystack.  "Mysteriously," overnight, both garden villas on my sailing disappeared from booking.  Both deluxe owner's suites are untouched.  We are in an OS, friends in another OS, and there's one left out of the 4 total. Any benefit to only 2 people as opposed to a big family bidding on the GV?

1 hour ago, meglet said:

Any tips, previous experiences?  I know there's a whole thread on bidding, but it would take a long time to go through looking for a needle in a haystack.  "Mysteriously," overnight, both garden villas on my sailing disappeared from booking.  Both deluxe owner's suites are untouched.  We are in an OS, friends in another OS, and there's one left out of the 4 total. Any benefit to only 2 people as opposed to a big family bidding on the GV?

I'm guessing this is a Jewel class ship since you mention "both" DOS vs. the Dawn  class has four?

From the long threads there have been a couple winners to the GV from what I recall.  They might have been off season though.

The benefit for a big family (if they are all booked in the same room) vs. just two is all of the people in the room would get the GV with a winning bid vs. just two.  Since you can't upgrade two rooms into one, that is why.  However, all could certainly visit in the GV.

Good luck though. 

Edited by dexddd

Thanks dexddd.  I guess I meant would NCL have any reason to accept a bid from a couple as opposed to a family for the GV presuming all else equal (like the fact that they had paid the same for original cabins booked.)

35 minutes ago, meglet said:

Thanks dexddd.  I guess I meant would NCL have any reason to accept a bid from a couple as opposed to a family for the GV presuming all else equal (like the fact that they had paid the same for original cabins booked.)

I don't think they care since only persons 1-2 pay the upgrade. They are all about the $$$.

Since the GVs have an occupancy of at least 6 you could invite 2 other couples to share the space ***

*** that is if the Life Boat station space has not been exceeded in that zone.

Those 2 other couples having cabin space on the ship the move itself is not a problem - Guest Services

can take care of the key cards and on board accounting. As for the cabin space being vacated it will

no doubt be forfeited - they maybe able to take any perks promos bennies with them but in the GV why worry !.

Not an everyday occurrence - but it did happen to my neighbors on my recent cruise.

25 minutes ago, KateQ22003 said:

I don't think they care since only persons 1-2 pay the upgrade. They are all about the $$$.

The type of cabin $$$ being upgraded from to the GV plays an important part in the winning bid.

NCL can then turn around and upgrade that $$$ cabin to someone in a $$ cabin and so on - - -

This generates more revenue to NCL than simply a one step move from a $ cabin.

The number of occupants is not the factor it is the total revenue yield.

Of course this is just a guess as to what is going on behind that NCL/private upgrading firm curtain.

But the puzzle pieces are falling into place and the picture is becoming clearer - - -

More guests are finding that -

If interested in the GV look at dividing the fare between 2 - 4 - 6 guests and booking it - a guaranteed

method of winning it.