How Far In Advance Did You Book Seattle Hotel

fizboBunny

Might be a little early. Hilton family members aren't as consistent on being available at 365 days out as they used to be.

The commonsense answer here is, if there is no money required, to book as soon as you know what your needs are. If the price goes down, you book at the lower rate, THEN cancel the old reservation. If the price goes up, you are golden.

By the way, Seattle is not in Alaska. Seattle is covered on the West Coast Departures board.

Seattle is a really popular destination for a lot of things and the hotels there tend to be really expensive and still sell out.  We (foolishly) waited until about May to look for a hotel for our late June pre-cruise night and could find nothing at a price we were willing to pay.  I'm not sure about the availability a year out, but I definitely wouldn't do what we did and wait until 1-2 months out - that was too short of a window.  We ended up booking an AirBnB in the Queen Anne area that was perfect for 2 couples traveling together and way cheaper than booking 2 hotel rooms would have been.

• 4 months later...

Yes if you want a hotel I suggest you book now with refundable deposit.  I originally booked 3 hotels and cancelled all but the one we decided on.  Also if you want to go the Air BNB route you can wait till closer to the time.  We tried to book one a year out and they weren't sure if it would be available that far in advance.  So we chose to go with the hotel route, have to much money invested in this cruise to have a pre hotel stay complicate things, lol.  Good Luck!  We are also going end of May next year.

Other than the super discount sites, how many places actually have deposits or full payment in advance? We stay 50-70 nights per year at hotels. Maybe 1 or 2 of those stays have a deposit, and maybe one full payment every other year or one in 3 years. The vast majority of hotels don't require deposits or payments in advance.

22 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Other than the super discount sites, how many places actually have deposits or full payment in advance? We stay 50-70 nights per year at hotels. Maybe 1 or 2 of those stays have a deposit, and maybe one full payment every other year or one in 3 years. The vast majority of hotels don't require deposits or payments in advance.

While I prefer to pay onsite for most of our hotel stays, at times I will pay in advance to get a lower price.  For example, I just booked an Embassy Suite room for next month—by prepaying, I saved about $150 verses paying at site.  In addition, I have found that some independent hotels require a deposit.  Can’t blame them.

Regardless,I think we all agree that one needs to check the terms and conditions for any hotel before booking.