Packing for Scenic 11 day Gems of the Seine + Normandy

1of4

Excitement is mounting as we are getting close to our departure for our first river cruise.  I was reading in our Welcome Booklet in the dress code section that men are expected to wear jacket or tie for the evening meals.

Can anyone who has been on Scenic tell me if this is followed for most men each evening, not just the first and last nights of the voyage?  We just have an eye on weight and cupboard restrictions so if this recommendation is not followed by most it would be good to know so DH doesn’t pack a suit and another blazer.

2E847A72-A6C4-4C57-8C05-678716065721.jpeg

Have a great time it’s a super cruise we did the first Gem cruise and as the French authorities had not signed the permission to dock in  Honfluer we will have to do it again, oh dear, never mind it will add to the eight we have already done with Scenic. No need for a suite especially in the summer the only need for a jacket is the air con can be just a bit to efficient so a wrap is useful for the ladies. Smart casual and just a touch of bling works well. Enjoy. CA

Edited by Canal archive
Spelling
  • Like 1

@Canal archive - we were on the Gem and I think it was the second time they got to dock right in Honfluer; quite the experience as we had to back into the harbour.  Everyone was out on deck and saluted the Captain when he finished this, not an easy docking!