List of NCL Charters

Victorious8

*I promise you I tried using the search function before I posted this - so sorry if the thread is out there and I missed it*

Does anyone know where the thread is that had a list of the NCL Charters? I am looking into booking the singles NCL Sky trip on April 3rd (Singles cruise for 20/30 year olds) and I just want to make sure it won't be chartered with another group. I am young and down for a party but I went on a short cruise in March last year and it was OVERRUN by undergrads. They all were in an organized group and were booked 4 to a room and it was way over capacity. 

I realize the short cruises are going to be more wild and that's fine - just don't want it to be an actual frat party!

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Victorious8 said:

*I promise you I tried using the search function before I posted this - so sorry if the thread is out there and I missed it*

Does anyone know where the thread is that had a list of the NCL Charters? I am looking into booking the singles NCL Sky trip on April 3rd (Singles cruise for 20/30 year olds) and I just want to make sure it won't be chartered with another group. I am young and down for a party but I went on a short cruise in March last year and it was OVERRUN by undergrads. They all were in an organized group and were booked 4 to a room and it was way over capacity. 

I realize the short cruises are going to be more wild and that's fine - just don't want it to be an actual frat party!

Thanks! 

I have never heard of a list of chartered cruises. Now spring break will always be a bunch of kids having a good time before their final weeks is school. You mix short cruise and spring break you have noise and partying everywhere. That is about all I can say about the March/April sailings. 

• Like 1

What is even more important are the partial ship charters. Most full ship charters aren't open to regular bookings. But partial ship charters could be even more surprising because people can book the cruise without realizing that a good chunk of the people are on the cruise with a group.

We ran into this earlier this year when we were on a partially chartered cruise. Certain venues were closed and the vibe of the sailing was different than what we were expecting/used to.

• Like 2

I could be wrong, but I would think that it's just a group like the singles cruise and not an official charter for all the undergrads going on the cruise. Though that is based on my thoughts that if you're chartering then you're paying for some of the venues for exclusive use and such, and I wouldn't think the undergrads would want to spend the extra money for that!

I believe April 3 is too late for all the Florida colleges, but it could be prime time for other ones. Your best bet is to google the ship & sail date and see if any websites pop up for groups going on that date. 

I'm with Brookie.  We were on a cruise that had a group of about 400 on board.  Every time we tried to go to the adult pool, the group had already taken over the place.  Never got to use it.  They also had some venues taken for their meetings, but they didn't affect us.  It was just the adult section that we never could go lounge in.  And yes, it did change the vibe of the ship somewhat.  I wish there was a way to see if any large groups are on a sailing aside from going to various group websites and checking their schedule.  We would not have been able to do this on that particular sailing, since I had never heard of the group prior to that experience.

55 minutes ago, dmdiver said:

I'm with Brookie.  We were on a cruise that had a group of about 400 on board.  Every time we tried to go to the adult pool, the group had already taken over the place.  Never got to use it.  They also had some venues taken for their meetings, but they didn't affect us.  It was just the adult section that we never could go lounge in.  And yes, it did change the vibe of the ship somewhat.  I wish there was a way to see if any large groups are on a sailing aside from going to various group websites and checking their schedule.  We would not have been able to do this on that particular sailing, since I had never heard of the group prior to that experience.

You can do a search for your cruise ship and date and see if anything pops up. We do have another group on our next cruise, but I don't think it will be as much as a take-over situation...at least I hope not. 

• Like 1

Like others have said, the issue is more with partial charters or large groups cruising together. They can show up on just about any ship however  full charters tend to use the same set of ships - for NCL it is the Pearl - the pool deck has had the water slides removed to make room for more stages. We were on a cruise with a poker charter - they spent all of their time in the meeting rooms and never really bothered the rest of us. There is a "family" that sails out of NYC that seems to cause lots of issues onboard - there is no way to know if a group like that is going to be on your cruise.