Haven question

1. By the time the go to do the upgrade process a week or so before sailing their probably won’t be at least 8 cabins in each haven category available.

2.  There are people already booked in haven that might bid to upgrade to that category, that’s a win win for ncl, they get the money from upgrade, then the get to upgrade or sell depending on timeframe the new haven cabin.

3. Not only are you bidding against others, but you are bidding against people in mini suites, which again just like the lower haven person that upgrades to higher haven, then that mini suite has more $$$ for future upgrades for ncl.

Bid what you are comfortable bidding and enjoy your cruise no matter what!

3 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Haven bidding question. So if I bid from Balcony (BA) on a H5, H6, H7 & H9 on the Escape and all my bid amounts are identical and all classes have at least 8 rooms available, which Haven bid will be accepted?

No. There are 8 rooms and a couple of thousand people bidding. One of them will bid more than you. 

The probability of of winning a Haven bid is very very very very small. 

Edited by BirdTravels

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

No. There are 8 rooms and a couple of thousand people bidding. One of them will bid more than you. 

The probability of of winning a Haven bid is very very very very small. 

Wait wait wait....first off the Escape holds approx 4,000 people so that's only approx 2,000 cabins total with some Singles, some insides, some OV.

Only Balcony and above can bid on Haven.  So I don't think a couple thousand people are bidding on my choices.  IMO

1 hour ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

Wait wait wait....first off the Escape holds approx 4,000 people so that's only approx 2,000 cabins total with some Singles, some insides, some OV.

Only Balcony and above can bid on Haven.  So I don't think a couple thousand people are bidding on my choices.  IMO

There are 1571 balcony and above cabins. If you assume double occupancy, that’s over 3K people bidding against you. 

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you assume double occupancy, that’s over 3K people bidding against you. 

Wait, can two people occupying the same cabin bid separately? Against each other? I think it's the number of possible bids, not the number of passengers the bids represent, that matters.

9 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Wait, can two people occupying the same cabin bid separately? Against each other? I think it's the number of possible bids, not the number of passengers the bids represent, that matters.

The amount of bids in theory are finite but the amount of influence passengers 2, 3, maybe 4 have on those bids increase the odds against. Maybe I’d bid $1200pp... my wife might like to up that... and get me to agree.  

7 hours ago, GratefulRIC said:

The amount of bids in theory are finite but the amount of influence passengers 2, 3, maybe 4 have on those bids increase the odds against. Maybe I’d bid $1200pp... my wife might like to up that... and get me to agree.  

Correct only 1 in each cabin can bid, well the other person can change the first person bid.

Also Any in a cabin higher class then H class that I bid on cant bid.

Anywho the original question stands .  All things equal which room would NCL accept an offer on 🙂

For my upcoming 7/21 Escape to Bermuda I bid the same dollar amount on 4 Haven categories that hold 4.  H6, H4, H3, H2.  I was upgraded to the H6 which NCL considers the least valuable but was the room I considered most valuable and the one I really wanted....

• Like 1

For my upcoming 7/21 Escape to Bermuda I bid the same dollar amount on 4 Haven categories that hold 4.  H6, H4, H3, H2.  I was upgraded to the H6 which NCL considers the least valuable but was the room I considered most valuable and the one I really wanted....

Enjoy the aft; our fav, and Bermuda[emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

On 7/17/2019 at 9:15 AM, deweytrader said:

Thanks for the feedback