NCL Star - Aft PH balcony size difference deck 9 & 10?

erdoran

I'm trying to find a balcony size list or at least some reasonable info about the size difference of balconies between decks 9 & 10 for aft PH balconies.  Someone mentioned casually Deck 10 balconies are bigger but 9 has wraparound.  I can see wraparound but can't get any more detailed info than that in spite of some research.  Can anyone help me out?  I remember one of the ships, I think Breakaway, actually had a list of room names and room/balcony sizes.

Anyone have any info about the difference?  TIA!

If you are a member cruise deck plans has photos of most of the suites on the Star.  Youtube is your friend.  There are probably more videos with more time to search but here are a couple. 

NCL Star 9232  (heading on video says 9233 - typo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BzOvms0PT0

Norwegian Dawn 10226 (same set up as on the Star).  There is youtube video on Star 10226 but it doesn't play properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75CK_1KmfWk

Here is a youtube video done with a drone that gives you good look at the stern staterooms.  You can see that the wrap portions of the deck 10 suites are closed off but deck 9 is left open.  I would choose deck 10 over deck 9.  My favorite suite would be forward facing 10000 or 10500.  Love the extra room inside due to the bump out under the bridge.  On the Jade we had two loungers, 2 tables and 3 chairs on the balcony and still room to walk around.  The draw back is the heavy hull door versus easy opening balcony door.

Edited by kjquilts

Thanks.  I had done some googling beforehand - the balconies on 9 seem smaller than 10 but it’s hard to tell really - the one in the video for deck 9 didn’t really show furniture on the left.  The one on 10 clearly has room for 2 loungers and 2 regular chairs...although with a Norway itinerary maybe it will be too cold anyway!

We sailed on the Star in the corner Aft Penthouse on the 9th deck. We had two loungers, a chair and a table. It was a tad tight to walk out of the cabin but we made it. You could also walk around to the wrap side and stand as there is really no way to put a chair and sit comfortably. We loved this cabin!

We were on the Star in April on a Panama Canal Cruise in cabin 9732.  Here are the photos of the balcony39393C4A-BC6E-404C-8A8C-B65D75670B3A.thumb.jpeg.56a3b8d76630a6bf07f1155982652c34.jpeg

BAC0C2FF-084F-4915-A8F1-657A86B5BC5A.thumb.jpeg.e8162fc9229448caad07a46975fe4865.jpeg

EF8E21B6-C8A1-4E2A-BA28-C31CABFBBECB.thumb.jpeg.f6a54ebfde4276b14cc65f53d8d1be50.jpeg

In order to have breakfast on the balcony we had to bring the loungers into the room

E1E8EC52-577A-45B3-9552-DE078C1E98C9.thumb.jpeg.25ae3179f8f12bd1f7cfdeaeeac7fb97.jpeg

As you can see the balcony is quite small but we chose the wrap around feature as we also wanted a “side view” for the Panama Canal Crossing.   

I do not have any photos of the balconies on 10 but I am also under the impression that they are bigger.  

On the Jewel we were in an aft suite on the 10th deck and the balcony was HUGE.  But I have no idea how it compares to the Star aft suites on 10.

Here’s a photo of 10th on Jewel

18D48D5A-E1AF-4814-B463-7E04FF90C518.thumb.jpeg.12e4b96f5823464104c9ac9bc74b04bf.jpeg

Not sure if this will help with your decision ...... but either way have an awesome cruise!

Edited by deefer