Travel from Montreal to Quebec

Shellbackx3

My wife and i are booked on the September 8 cruise from Quebec to NYC.  We want to spend a few days in Montreal first.  Anyone know if there is direct bus/van, etc. service from Montreal to the pier in Quebec?

Thanks.

Rather than chase down an unnecessarily pricey private car service, you could take a bus or train from Montreal to Québec, from where the Gare du Palais is only 1.1 km to Le Terminal ... 4 minutes by cab.
Literally walking distance if not for luggage.

I highly recommend the VIA Rail service for comfort. Your date is a Sunday, so there are only two earlier trains from Montreal at a convenient time for boarding the ship in Québec. The first is at 9:06 and the second one at 12:45.  The first train does not have a baggage car but there is plenty of space on board for luggage. The second train is the  Renaissance train.  Even in economy you get first class seating (singles on one side of the aisle and doubles on the other) and there is a baggage car on that train.

At the moment the best economy fare on these two trains is $51 plus sales tax and Business Class is $165 on the early train and $123 on the 12:45 train. Meals and drinks are included in Business Class. In economy you can buy snacks and drinks or get food in Montreal’s Central station and bring it on board.  One large case (50 lb.) is allowed in economy and two in Business.

I have in recent years boarded the QM2 twice in Québec. The regular check-in – meaning the long counter with several clerks – closes at 6:00 p.m. but you can board the ship at any time because it departs the following late afternoon. The security people will radio the purser’s office and one of the staff will come off the ship with your “cruise card”. I have found the most convenient time to check-in is between 2:30 and 6:00.
  • Thanks 1