Price drop after final - using TA

tanyaewa

Hello experts, 

I am using a TA and noticed tonight that there is a significant price drop on my Oct BLISS cruise.

We are 3 weeks past final payment.

Prior to final I would send my TA a screenshot and she would do the rest. We have saved about $600

What can I expect my TA to accomplish if she contacts NCL now? Will they offer any concessions or just say forget it, too late?

any insight??

You may get a one time upgrade to the next level of cabin -

You may get a one time 25% of the fare difference in non-refundable OBC -

You may be able to upgrade to a cabin several levels paying a token of the fare difference -

Be very careful of any offers to CANCEL and REBOOK !

Be careful of losing perks bonuses points* etc. in this transaction -

* Latitude points insider past guest offer

If you think the fares are going to drop again hold off for a while - remember this is a ONE TIME DEAL

hold on for better - the best deal.

Since you have booked with a TA - You must deal through that TA - hope you have a good one !

3 hours ago, tanyaewa said:

Hello experts, 

I am using a TA and noticed tonight that there is a significant price drop on my Oct BLISS cruise.

We are 3 weeks past final payment.

Prior to final I would send my TA a screenshot and she would do the rest. We have saved about $600

What can I expect my TA to accomplish if she contacts NCL now? Will they offer any concessions or just say forget it, too late?

any insight??

All you can do is talk with your TA. If there is a cabin available in the next higher catagory she may be able to get that for you, but a higher cat does not always mean a better cabin. The location may not be as good. If she can't get that NCL may offer an OBC but technically they do not have to do anything for you. Give it a try and be happy with whatever you get. 

2 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

You may be able to upgrade to a cabin several levels paying a token of the fare difference -

If you think the fares are going to drop again hold off for a while - remember this is a ONE TIME DEAL

Since you have booked with a TA - You must deal through that TA - hope you have a good one !

If the TA has already gone to bat for the op in the past I am sure she is a good one. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

If the TA has already gone to bat for the op in the past I am sure she is a good one. 

TA actually hasn't gone to bat yet..... there's a significant difference between getting price adjustments before final payment (where it is very easy) and after final payment where the cruise line has the right to change nothing.

8 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

You are indeed an expert! We were given offer of the 25% OBC of difference.  

Thanks for the info.  My TA was back to me first thing this morning with that offer

And FWIW - the BLISS cruise to Mexico Oct 20 and 27 are amazing deals right now for balcony cabins!!