Soda Prices

Pizzaman2033

Without Bottomless Bubbles, they will give you the whole 12oz can.  With Bottomless Bubbles, they pour it into a 16oz glass with ice in it.

The last time I bought a can was in January 2018.  It was $2.50 + gratuity at the time.

Keep in mind that you can bring twelve 12 oz cans onboard:

On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less, per person.”

we have carried 16 oz monster with no issue

1 hour ago, Tiger0613 said:

Without Bottomless Bubbles, they will give you the whole 12oz can.  With Bottomless Bubbles, they pour it into a 16oz glass with ice in it.

The last time I bought a can was in January 2018.  It was $2.50 + gratuity at the time.

Keep in mind that they fill the 16 oz glass with ice first, then pour in the soda.  You are only getting about a half can of the soda.  If you buy it individually, you get the whole can plus a glass of ice.

The Bottomless Bubbles package is $8.50 + 18% gratuity or roughly $10 per person per day.  Will you be drinking more than 3 sodas per day?  As others have said, you each can bring on 12 sodas in cans when boarding.  You can also replenish your supply from the ports you visit.  A little more work but a real cost savings.

• Like 1

On my last cruise with the Bubbles program, they gave me the entire can every time. A few times the can was actually chilled before they served it to me. I found the Bubbles program they way to go if you enjoy soda. I did give an extra tip a few times and found a few bartenders and waiters to be on the stop when I wanted a soda. They even pour my daughter a nice decorated one without asking. 

Edited by Purvis1231
typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

1)Keep in mind that they fill the 16 oz glass with ice first, then pour in the soda.  You are only getting about a half can of the soda.  If you buy it individually, you get the whole can plus a glass of ice.

2)The Bottomless Bubbles package is $8.50 + 18% gratuity or roughly $10 per person per day.  Will you be drinking more than 3 sodas per day?  As others have said, you each can bring on 12 sodas in cans when boarding.  You can also replenish your supply from the ports you visit.  A little more work but a real cost savings.

1) That's what I said.

2) I'm not the OP.

You can request the whole can even if you do get bubbles package. I used to get the bubbles package. Me personally.... I really dont even miss the soda package and I'm a soda drinker. Water is something I really have to order because of the heat and humidity. 

2 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

1) That's what I said.

2) I'm not the OP.

1.  What I was implying is that by the glass, you get half ice whereas if you buy it by the can,  you get the full can and a glass of ice.

2.  It was not directed at you.  It was just a statement of comparison for anyone.

2 minutes ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

If we brought a 12-pack per person do we have to carry it around until our stateroom is ready?

Yes- best to have it in your luggage. Or some rolling luggage. I have seen a rolling tote mentioned here before- someone had purchased it on Amazon, and was able to fit 4 12-packs in it and it met size requirements. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

If we brought a 12-pack per person do we have to carry it around until our stateroom is ready?

Yes, I'm afraid so... that's what someone earlier meant when they said a little more work but it's cheaper than BB. If you go this route you can use a bungee cord to attach the case(s) to your carry-on if it has wheels, or you can get a pull cart like the one I use...

Rolling cart.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lensonlife said:

Yes- best to have it in your luggage. Or some rolling luggage. I have seen a rolling tote mentioned here before- someone had purchased it on Amazon, and was able to fit 4 12-packs in it and it met size requirements. 

That might have been me, and I attached a picture of it above!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shaded Lady said:

That might have been me, and I attached a picture of it above!

Yes, you!!!! 🤗 I had it saved, but got a new phone and lost a lot of information as I had not backed up. I’m glad you posted! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lensonlife said:

I observed that individuals with Bottomless Bubbles were given cans of soda. And when I purchase soda (no BB), I was given a can. 

I was usually given a full glass of ice and soda, not the can unless it filled the glass.  They sometimes did leave me the whole can, tipping helps, lol, but it varied.  But with BB I could always get another soda anytime.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, comiso13 said:

I was usually given a full glass of ice and soda, not the can unless it filled the glass.  They sometimes did leave me the whole can, tipping helps, lol, but it varied.  But with BB I could always get another soda anytime.

Maybe it’s ship by ship? I just got off the Horizon two weeks ago today. I think if you drink a lot of soda- BB is a no brainer. When I drank a lot of diet Coke- I could have not purchased this. But today I just drink an occasional gingerale. 

This is so helpful.  I think we will buy the Bubbles for our four teens/tweens in their stateroom.  Then DH and I and our little two can just bring on a few 12-packs.  I can't see us drinking more than one or two a day. 
If we request ice for our Tumblers, will the bartenders be willing to provide us a cup of ice?

If four of us checked in together, could we have one carry on with four 12-packs in it?

Edited by Vacationdreamer<><

1 minute ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

This is so helpful.  I think we will buy the Bubbles for our four teens/tweens in their stateroom.  Then DH and I and our little two can just bring on a few 12-packs.  I can't see us drinking more than one or two a day. 
If we request ice for our Tumblers, will the bartenders be willing to provide us a cup of ice?

You can get as much ice as you want from the dispensers in Lido! It’s good, crushed ice- and anyone can access it- no extra fee! 

• Like 1

I get the BB, my wife doesn't.
But in addition to the sodas we like the fact that it has the juice as well.

As others have said, some bartenders are strict in only giving you a 16oz glass with ice and what soda they pour in, others hand you the can and a glass.
Personally I always take my own sports bottle that is about 20oz and ask for light ice.
They are usually very accommodating in filling it for me, and that ensures I get the whole can.

• Like 1