Menu on the Med

19 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

There is typically no lobster night on med cruises. 

We had lobster tails and shrimp on our last formal night on Indy a week ago and I've had it on a couple of other Med cruises.

5 hours ago, beer1234 said:

Is the menu for Med cruises different than East Coast US menus. I would think Chinas would be altered also?

Recently we’ve noticed steak shepherds cottage plus chicken and mushroom pies appearing on the menu in the Windjammer at lunchtimes and sometimes in the MDR.

English together with America bacon also seems always available.

Other than that no real difference.

We haven't noticed much difference either regardless of itinerary. The last time we sailed Asia (Singapore to Shanghai) we didn't notice anything different either however at that time it wasn't designated as a "culturally enriching" cruise. RCI seems to stay pretty consistent.

7 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

They might have English bacon for breakfast.😊

And quite often black pudding at breakfast which gets a mixed reception from guests unaccustomed to this British delight 😀

it actually tastes better than you would imagine it would do from reading google.

2 hours ago, Tin can said:

And quite often black pudding at breakfast which gets a mixed reception from guests unaccustomed to this British delight 😀

it actually tastes better than you would imagine it would do from reading google.

I'm normally open to new culinary experiences, but I've not yet had the pleasure of trying black pudding.

18 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I'm normally open to new culinary experiences, but I've not yet had the pleasure of trying black pudding.

And I would keep it that way Bob :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chrispmor said:

I saw the black pudding in the Windjammer on Jewel this past June out of Rome, but honestly I was a little disappointed that the MDR menu seemed the exact same as we’ve had on Caribbean cruises.  

But there is a the separate curry menu on Jewel... didn't you try that?

That actually was partially my fault.  The very first night in the MDR, I saw the Indian menu but the waiter quickly picked it up like it was a mistake.  I should have asked to see it, but assumed it was for something else....  Anyways, i realized the last night that there were 2 extra menus, the Indian menu and an Italian menu.  I definitely would have been happier with the variety if I had been choosing from the 3 of them each night.  But for whatever reason, they didn't promote the secondary ones.  Lesson learned there, especially if sailing from a port outside of the U.S., is to make sure you ask if there are other menus.  

6 minutes ago, Chrispmor said:

That actually was partially my fault.  The very first night in the MDR, I saw the Indian menu but the waiter quickly picked it up like it was a mistake.  I should have asked to see it, but assumed it was for something else....  Anyways, i realized the last night that there were 2 extra menus, the Indian menu and an Italian menu.  I definitely would have been happier with the variety if I had been choosing from the 3 of them each night.  But for whatever reason, they didn't promote the secondary ones.  Lesson learned there, especially if sailing from a port outside of the U.S., is to make sure you ask if there are other menus.  

Didn't know there was also an Italian menu, that might have gotten us into the MDR more on our last Jewel cruise.

27 minutes ago, Chrispmor said:

Lesson learned there, especially if sailing from a port outside of the U.S., is to make sure you ask if there are other menus.  

Even if not on the menu, you can sometimes get something like a curry.

32 minutes ago, Chrispmor said:

... Lesson learned there, especially if sailing from a port outside of the U.S., is to make sure you ask if there are other menus.  

Sometimes they don't have written menus, but they have a few Indian entrees that change every evening. 

45 minutes ago, Chrispmor said:

I never saw a separate Italian menu!  Perhaps they only put the Indian menu out for the Brits - but it was there between the salt and pepper pots.  We weren't presented with it. So if you didn't look you would assume it was blurb advertising art auctions or something...!

4 minutes ago, cloggedDrain said:

Is the Indian menu a common thing across all of Royal's fleet? 

Actually having a written Indian menu that changes nightly is not common.

However, having a few Indian entrees that change each evening is common, but you have to ask about the Indian entrees.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

However, having a few Indian entrees that change each evening is common, but you have to ask about the Indian entrees.

This is a solid cruise hack.  Thank you!

I wonder why this isn't advertised? 

Just now, cloggedDrain said:

This is a solid cruise hack.  Thank you!

I wonder why this isn't advertised? 

I expect that they don't have enough made to cover the entire MDR.