Bella to Aurea?

Ed F

I am not finding a thread which is addressing my question so I apologize if there is and I failed to find it.

We are booked on the MSC Seaside in October. We are in a Balcony Cabin/Bella Experience with “Drinks on US”. We are toying with the idea of upgrading to Aurea.

We were on MSC in 2014 and truly enjoyed it and it was prior to the Experience differential, my question is for those you have done Bella and then Aurea did you feel you got value for your money?

We've only sailed in YC and found it was worth every dime extra!  Having said that, it depends on what you "value" most and are willing to pay for.  Aurea includes access to the Thermal Spa and the private Aurea sun deck/bar, as well as the 50 min massage.  We've been on 30+ cruises and have done all the games, events, etc.  We are looking to get away from everything for peace and quiet and have top-tier service/attention, so paying extra $$ for the Yacht Club is exactly where we choose to spend our vacation money. So Aurea will give you "YC-lite-type" experience for less $$ than YC (my opinion here in reference to getting away from the crowds), but will cost more than Bella.  Is that what you're wanting?  Then I'd go for it, if so.

• Like 1

Have sailed in Aurea on Seaside and it was great. "Private" sundeck, bar and hot tubs, anytime dining, priority boarding, robes and slippers, thermal suite, 2 spa treatments, no room service delivery charge, Easy drink package (now) etc.  We definitely got our "value for money" (booked when Classic package was included, better "Value" than Easy, IMO)

However, comma, only you know what's worth it to you. Is the price differential enough to eat up the difference if you wanted to pay for such separately? Or only upgrade drink package, or eat specialty dining several nigts, etc??

Do the math - if Aurea is available for your sailing, and decide whether it's worth it for you...

• Like 1

It would very much depend on the price differential.  Most of Aurea's inclusions can be purchased separately (access to the thermal suite, massages, sun deck, 'Easy' drinks package, reed diffuser, etc.)  The only benefits that you won't have and that can't be bought are priority boarding (unless you're a Black Card Voyagers' Club member) and MyChoice dining.  Add up the extra costs and see if the 2 latter benefits are worth the extra to you.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

Aurea when it had the Classic drink package in the USA with a reasonable charge upgrade to Deluxe was well worth paying for and it also included the mini bar, we sailed Seaside on two occasions with the Deluxe package and will have it again for the last time in December this year.

Beyond the next cruise we are looking at doing what Bea has suggested because the vfm of Aurea to us is no longer there with the loss off the drink package downgraded to Easy and the Mini bar only available if you book Premium plus.

We can cope without my time dining and the separate sun bathing area just as we did on our previous cruises.

The cost now does not justify the spending unless there is a special offer going on Aurea, next years cruise is back with Princess to Alaska.

• Like 1

As said above depends what price difference is and how long the cruise is , number of sea days etc.

we booked Aurea earlier this year for a reposition cruise next year and the difference was only £15 pppd over Bella so no consideration needed as the Easy drinks package would have cost more than this plus we got the spa,anytime dining etc as well.

• Like 1

Thank you all I have contacted my TA to see the $ delta at this moment. The Sun Deck, the dining and priority boarding sounda worth it if the delta is not 50%of the original booking. 

• Like 2