Inside Passage weather in April

wardamnweagle

So my wife and I have been talking after our cruise this year about taking one more cruise before we start trying for kids. We have each done a Caribbean before we met, and we did a 7 day this past spring with her parents. I did an inside passage cruise in June 2007, and when I suggested Alaska for next year she got very excited. There’s a pretty good deal for April 20-27 leaving Vancouver and returning to Seattle. I remember being able to wear shorts and t-shirts while on the ship in 2007, and heavier clothes on shore, but I’m very warm natured and as long as it’s above freezing I’m usually in shorts. 

It seems that April is the earliest, and I figure there are reasons for the price discount, but just curious what to expect that time of the year. 

Like previously mentioned, search port weather. Port Hardy is on the north entrance to the Inside Passage. Historical weather there indicates 38-52 in April so definitely shorts weather for me if no wind. Don't count on no wind on a cruise ship! If you look at Prince Rupert weather history, it's more like 37-50 degrees. Farther north along the "Passage", you might look at weather history for Juneau, (33-48). Now we're talking chilly if you toss in a little headwind on that cruise ship. https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/canada/port-hardy/climate