Need to drop NCL air from reservation

wibeachbum

I let my cruise consultant talk me into adding air to my reservation.  I want to drop it from the reservation now and it's been a week and it's still there.  He said that he has to contact the help desk and it takes a long time since the software update.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Should he be able to just cancel the "perk"?

Call the 800 number and talk to whoever you get. He seems to be dragging until the end of the month to get credit for the sale. They should be able to drop it instantly, unless you are past final payment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wibeachbum said:

Far from final payment.  I was wondering if he was waiting to pass a deadline for credit. This doesn't make me happy with him.  Thank you.

Or just cancel and rebook without the air directly through NCL.

• Like 1

I just called yesterday afternoon, cancelled our air(we booked in April) and rebooked the same cruise with the current promo - had a new confirmation sent while I was on the phone and it was completely updated. I would really just call again and talk to someone different. It shouldn't take that long. 

• Like 1

I called the general number and had the air and transfers removed. I also realized that there was travel protection on the reservation that I did not approve.  I had that removed, no problem. It makes me uncomfortable that my cruise consultant is not being honest with me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wibeachbum said:

I called the general number and had the air and transfers removed. I also realized that there was travel protection on the reservation that I did not approve.  I had that removed, no problem. It makes me uncomfortable that my cruise consultant is not being honest with me.

Take two on "not being honest with me" - there's another thread going on about someone whose PCC actually WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION booked him a cruise and used his CN certificate for the deposit.  OP learned about it when he got the confirmation email from NCL for a cruise he never booked in the first place!  And no, it was NOT an accident or oversight either.

Caveat emptor.

4 hours ago, wibeachbum said:

Was your air free? If so... why have it removed?

My air is free... I dropped the optional transfers and got them to give me the flight to arrive the day before for free (through Amex). Maybe I'm paying taxes on it or something? If so... can't be that much.

I just figured if I didn't like the air I'd make changes directly through the airline by paying the change fee. If that wasn't an option, I'll arrange my own air. Either way... if it's free I don't see any reason to remove it.

I called my PCC and cancelled my air also.  It is still showing up on MYNCL, but it doesn't really matter to me.  I was told also that it had to do with the system updates.  As long as I have been assured in writing (which I have) that it has been cancelled, I don't care how long it takes for it to be removed.  I have NEVER had an issue with my PCC, so I trust her.  Besides, with as much as I put her through as far as changes and stuff every time I make a reservation, if she will get a little extra leaving it on until the end of the month then I really don't care.  Just my thoughts..  Sorry that yours has not been honest with you.  I changed from my original PCC about 8 or 9 years ago to the one I have now and I have been very happy with her.

2 hours ago, newty25 said:

My air is free... I dropped the optional transfers and got them to give me the flight to arrive the day before for free (through Amex). Maybe I'm paying taxes on it or something? If so... can't be that much.

I just figured if I didn't like the air I'd make changes directly through the airline by paying the change fee. If that wasn't an option, I'll arrange my own air. Either way... if it's free I don't see any reason to remove it.

It wasn't free.  It was over $1,000  for two people! 

2 hours ago, newty25 said:

Holy crap that sounds expensive... but that all depends which port and where you're flying in from.

Typically you can do better on your own though... that's what I've always found.

Ours was free, STL-MSY, however, it didn't look like they would have a choice as to whether or not they could book a nonstop flight so that is why I cancelled.  I would much rather have control over how many times I have to stop.  Was able to use frequent flyer miles so it didn't really cost me much more.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 12:48 PM, wibeachbum said:

I let my cruise consultant talk me into adding air to my reservation.  I want to drop it from the reservation now and it's been a week and it's still there.  He said that he has to contact the help desk and it takes a long time since the software update.  Has anyone else had this happen?  Should he be able to just cancel the "perk"?

I had added reduced air and hotel also only because it was Super Bowl Sunday when we sail and JetBlue hadn’t opened their flights yet. That was way back in March.

June 9, I was able to book my flights so I called my PCC and told him to take both off. He explained there was an software update but would do it as soon as he could.  A week later I got the new confirmation with those removed but when I go into my NCL account it still shows me flying round trip NYC/MIA up until today.  

As all the charges for hotel, air and shuttles were removed I just attribute it to the software issues that someday will be corrected it in my account. 

16 hours ago, newty25 said:

I had the transfers removed and it showed up immediately as that was an added charge.  I am planning to change my flight to day before but my cruise consultant told me it was a $25 change fee per person.  I used AMEX so now I am wondering if we can waive that fee.

38 minutes ago, TriciaM70 said:

I had the transfers removed and it showed up immediately as that was an added charge.  I am planning to change my flight to day before but my cruise consultant told me it was a $25 change fee per person.  I used AMEX so now I am wondering if we can waive that fee.

I have the Amex Plat and used Amex Travel to book... so when I called Amex to arrange the travel one day early, the agent told me that NCL has an agreement with Amex that allowed them to waive the fee (the agent didn't know this until she called NCL to arrange it on my behalf).

It wasn't clear whether the agreement was with 1. Amex 2. Amex Plat or 3. Amex Travel. She didn't make that distinction and I was happy with the outcome so I didn't press it further.

Any of those three would make sense individually. Call up and give it a try though. Tell them you know they have an agreement with Amex to waive the fee and see if they do it.

Edited by newty25

On 7/24/2019 at 4:05 PM, newty25 said:

Holy crap that sounds expensive... but that all depends which port and where you're flying in from.

Typically you can do better on your own though... that's what I've always found.

Over $1,000 for two people, MIlwaukee to Miami.  We alway fly Southwest Milwaukee to FLL, nonstop.  There are no nonstops Milwaukee to Miami.