Nassau without a beach?

ti4m4t

Hey Everyone! 

We are headed on yet another cruise in February with a port stop at Nassau. Any recommendations for a different type of excursion with a 2 and 5 year old? We have been there before and aren't really interested in doing Atlantis again or another beach. Something quick and close maybe? I like going back to the ship to enjoy the onboard activities with less crowds and to let my kids get a good nap. 

I don't think there's much right off the ship in Nassau.  We walked to the Hilton British Colonial for the beach with our 5 year old, but I realize you don't want a beach.  I will say that the walk there (only a mile) was full of shops, an open air market, and vendors.  If you do get off the ship, just to get off the ship please talk to your 5 year old about not taking anything from anyone.  The vendors near the port are relentless.  My son was offered "free" handmade bracelets and bookmarks.  Like any 5 year old, he held out his hand only for us (mom and dad) to be rudely told to pay up for the item.  When we gave it back they would refuse to take it back and asked for money.  My son was crying because he was confused.  We finally got away, but the same tactic was attempted at least three more time on the way back to the ship.  Our son, now 8, knows not to take anything from anyone.  

23 hours ago, mom2oneXY said:

If you do get off the ship, just to get off the ship please talk to your 5 year old about not taking anything from anyone. 

Oh, I didn't even think about that! Last time we ported at Nassau it was just me and my husband and I remember the vendors being pretty aggressive. Thanks for the heads up!