Concierge lounge on Adventure of the Seas

I just looked at the deck plan for Adventure and do not see Concierge Club. I do see a Suite lounge on deck 14 and diamond lounge on 14  but the Concierge lounge on deck 9 is gone. Can someone let me know what has happened . 

8 minutes ago, moorlyn said:

I just looked at the deck plan for Adventure and do not see Concierge Club. I do see a Suite lounge on deck 14 and diamond lounge on 14  but the Concierge lounge on deck 9 is gone. Can someone let me know what has happened . 

Royal removed the CL and added a Suite Lounge.

Suite Lounge is for suite (GS and better) guests and Pinnacle level C&A members.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, moorlyn said:

4 cabins now take up the space where the CL used to be.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, moorlyn said:

They took it away! 👍

The only two Voyager-class ships that still have Concierge Clubs are the Voyager and the Explorer.  On each of the other three ships in that class, they converted the old Concierge Club that was on deck 9 to 4 new inside staterooms during a dry dock and then added a Suite Lounge on deck 14.  The net effect was to limit Diamond Plus members who were not in suites to the Diamond Club only and often the Diamond Club became overcrowded.

Edited by actuarian
typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, actuarian said:

The only twp Voyager-class ships that still have Concierge Clubs are the Voyager and the Explorer.  On each of the other three ships in that class, they converted the old Concierge Club that was on deck 9 to 4 new inside staterooms during a dry dock and then added a Suite Lounge on deck 14.  The net effect was to limit Diamond Plus members who were not in suites to the Diamond Club only and often the Diamond club became overcrowded.

Yep, both D and D+ lost out because of the crowding in the DL.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Yep, both D and D+ lost out because of the crowding in the DL.

How long until the D lounge becomes the D+ lounge.  Lowly D's will just have vouchers for happy hour and they will be directed to the Windjammer for appetizers. 

39 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

How long until the D lounge becomes the D+ lounge.  Lowly D's will just have vouchers for happy hour and they will be directed to the Windjammer for appetizers. 

Like Empress😉🍺

I honestly enjoyed not having a lounge last week.

I did miss the coffee machine, but they gave us a coffee card on day 4

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

That will be harder for them to do because it will certainly be a diminution in benefit for Diamond level.  They can't play the suite lounge / concierge lounge game.

3 minutes ago, BunnyHutt said:

This is on Adventure?? SO much nicer than what we had access to (I’m guessing the now defunct Concierge Lounge) in 2017. 

Yes, they took over the former game and card rooms up in Viking Crown.  Beautiful space.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lazydayz said:

Yes, that’s the Adventure and the Suite Lounge is twice as nice as Adventure’s Diamond Lounge.

Yes, they even took away the outside area of the DL and opened up the outside for the Suite Loumge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

That will be harder for them to do because it will certainly be a diminution in benefit for Diamond level.  They can't play the suite lounge / concierge lounge game.

Actually they could do just that if they wanted to.  The new game would be would be the Diamond Club / Concierge Club game.  The Diamond Clubs could disappear like the old Concierge Clubs disappeared.  Then new clubs would appear and, magically, they would be named Concierge Clubs!  Diamonds would be admitted to whatever Diamond Clubs had not yet been taken away just like Diamond +s right now are admitted to the Concierge Clubs that have not yet been taken away.  However, I do not think that anyone in management wants to do that.  If they did, they probably would have just kept the Concierge Clubs and made the Diamond Clubs disappear when they built the Suite Lounges.

I never liked the Concierge lounge on the Voyager class.  It had no windows, low ceilings and crowded with furniture.  I felt very claustrophobic therefore we rarely used the space.  I am looking forward to the new Suite Lounge on the Adventurer in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1