Something that has caused a lot of anger and frustration for certain people is the different treatment for passengers from countries other than Americans and Canadians, in some countries the deposit is not refundable or we are not entitled to an improvement when there is a price reduction before or after of the final payment date. We also cannot apply to certain discounts such as the discount on consecutive cruises. I wish the rules were the same for everyone.

Edited by gerelmx
  • Like 1

Another case, besides that I have been denied B2B discounts and upgrades, This weekend there is a sale for purchases on the cruise planner, I called to buy the update of the beverage package, this was also denied to me, they told me that I can not do it until I be onboard the Eclipse.  Another discount denied because I am a foreigner.

This is also an issue with those who book Guarantee Cabins.  Those in the US can change an awarded cabin to another available cabin (of the same classification) whilst those in the UK (and possibly elsewhere) aren't able to change.  This will mean that those booking Guaranteed Cabins from the UK are more likely to get the worst cabins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Another case, besides that I have been denied B2B discounts and upgrades, This weekend there is a sale for purchases on the cruise planner, I called to buy the update of the beverage package, this was also denied to me, they told me that I can not do it until I be onboard the Eclipse.  Another discount denied because I am a foreigner.

I have been a US citizen my entire life, and I can't get a discount on a beverage package upgrade either.

As has been stated MANY time on these boards, the discount is for buying the whole package, not the upgrade.

Citizenship has nothing to do with it.

4 hours ago, bookitdanno said:

I have been a US citizen my entire life, and I can't get a discount on a beverage package upgrade either.

As has been stated MANY time on these boards, the discount is for buying the whole package, not the upgrade.

Citizenship has nothing to do with it.

I think you will find that in the US you can upgrade your classic to premium online where as we can't hense the disparity

• Like 1

Why are Europeans and other countries blocked from accessing Celebrity.com since several months?  Why are we automatically directed to local websites which do not give same info ?

We want to have same rights and choice to look at websites we select and look at same info on eg sales on dining or beverage packages or tours etc or special deals.

• Like 2

I agree, why are British and Europeans discriminated against receiving price drops upgrades etc, the only option we have is to cancel and loose our deposit,  occasionally I have been able to pay £150 and receive the price drop but it depends on who you talk to why do you do this? Janice

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I’m sorry to hear this. With different regulations in different countries, it is challenging to implement universal policies- especially when it comes to prices with different currencies and governance. We want all of our customers to feel valued and have the best offers we can for the amazing cruise experience we offer - no matter where you call "home" in the world.

Thank you and have a great rest of your day!