Packing bottles on board cruise

hairpin

Hello!

I am flying into my cruise destination via Helsinki and want to pickup a bottle (or two) or liqueur that I can't buy in the US. I"m unable to find documentation from the cruise line about bringing bottles on board. But I'm planning on bringing the sealed bottle(s) back to my home country. Will the cruise line have a problem with this? Or maybe I should try to store off the ship and retrieve when the cruise is over? Or ask the cruise line to store for me? 

Am I overthinking this?

Edited by hairpin

Many cruise lines will confiscate booze from passengers and then make you go to the 'naughty' room at the end of the cruise to collect it. If I were you, I'd just check with your cruise line to see what the options are for your particular situation. If you phone them it might take 45 minutes (or more) on hold, so be prepared.

Happy cruising.... and sipping! Or gulping, whichever.😉

Edited by DirtyDawg

Rather than a phone call, first try the cruise line’s web site, where these policies are usually set out. You can also ask on the specific cruise line forum here.  But as said above, most cruise lines prohibit pax from bringing alcohol on board (except wine).  Probably the best you’ll be able to do is have them hold it for you until disembarkation. 

if it is spirits  they will probably  confiscate it on boarding then return it when you disembark

Take some  bottle bags to transport it home you can pack them in your checked bags

this is what  we use

https://www.shopbentley.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/19429/s/leak-proof-bottle-protector-set-of-2-tracker-1004255/?color=302

The alcohol policy greatly depends on the cruise line, so post your question on the board for yours.   Also, to clarify an above statement, for airline travel, the bottles should be packaged in protective material and carried in your checked bags.    To take them on the ship, do NOT put them in your checked bags, but in your carry-on.   Be up front and declare them as you turn your hand-carried luggage over to the security scanners; in most cases, they will then be held by the cruise line and returned to you the last night of the cruise.    If you put them in your checked bags boarding the ship, they may delay your having luggage delivered to your cabin, and the bottles could be confiscated and not returned to you.   

Thank you. I think I'm going to try and check it in while boarding. Seems good to be straightforward about it, and I don't want to bother paying for storage off the ship.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!