Silhoutte dry dock?

39august

Is SL going to Spain or Freeport for her "edgification", please? And if Spain, has there been any announcement about what might NOT be done as scheduled? I am so happy that we are sailing her before this process. We were on EX last week for two weeks and happy to see that most of the major work scheduled was not done: no new suites, no reduction of  storage space in cabins,  no new inside cabins, etc. Have any cruises been cancelled due to longer time in dry dock?

Edited by 39august

32 minutes ago, 39august said:

Is SL going to Spain or Freeport for her "edgification", please? And if Spain, has there been any announcement about what might NOT be done as scheduled? I am so happy that we are sailing her before this process. We were on EX last week for two weeks and happy to see that most of the major work scheduled was not done: no new suites, no reduction of  storage space in cabins,  no new inside cabins, etc. Have any cruises been cancelled due to longer time in dry dock?

Silhouette's dry dock was relocated to Cadiz, Spain because of the Grand Bahamas dry dock accident.  There has not been any formal announcement on a reduction in the originally planned Revolution work because of the relocation to a different dry dock. Unlike Equinox, Silhouette will get her full time in drydock.

Edited by mahdnc

9 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Silhouette's dry dock was relocated to Cadiz, Spain because of the Grand Bahamas dry dock accident.  There has not been any formal announcement on a reduction in the originally planned Revolution work because of the relocation to a different dry dock.

Will she made the Atlantic crossing empty?

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Silhouette's dry dock was relocated to Cadiz, Spain because of the Grand Bahamas dry dock accident.  There has not been any formal announcement on a reduction in the originally planned Revolution work because of the relocation to a different dry dock. Unlike Equinox, Silhouette will get her full time in drydock.

Where do you find roll call for other cruises ?

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Will she made the Atlantic crossing empty?

Apparently, yes--empty.  Cancelling our 14 night cruise created a 6 week window for Celebrity to take care of the dry dock and transit time.  Later Celebrity created short 2 night cruise out of Ft Lauderdale as the 1st cruise after the dry dock.  No TA cruises were created.  I am sure they will be using the transit time in both directions across the Atlantic to do some of the refurb work.

Edited by mahdnc

6 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

Where do you find roll call for other cruises ?

Which ones?  Here is a our roll call for the cancelled Jan 31 20120 Silhouette sailing: link

20 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Apparently, yes--empty.  Cancelling our 14 night cruise created a 6 week window for Celebrity to take care of the dry dock and transit time.  Later Celebrity created short 2 night cruise out of Ft Lauderdale as the 1st cruise after the dry dock.  No TA cruises were created.  I am sure they will be using the transit time in both directions across the Atlantic to do some of the refurb work.

I've heard that the February 11, 2020 cruise has been cancelled.

2 hours ago, HAM said:

I've heard that the February 11, 2020 cruise has been cancelled.

I didn't know that!  I wonder if affected passengers are getting a 50% future cruise credit like we did, ha.  It does represent some curious planning on Celebrity's part.  

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I didn't know that!  I wonder if affected passengers are getting a 50% future cruise credit like we did, ha.  It does represent some curious planning on Celebrity's part.  

According to the Roll Call, all they get is $100 OBC as a goodwill gesture.

On 7/26/2019 at 7:48 PM, m8zenblue said:

Sorry, I am looking for roll call for Silhouette 12/1/2019, thanx.

Go to the top of the main page (So Boards - Celebrity...) then underneath the thing advertising the special sub forum you will see about 4 hyperlinks.  The bottom one is "find your celebrity roll call" click that and a new window will open with the roll calls -you just select your ship and date.