Educate me! First time cruiser questions for NCL "Escape"

We board NCL's "Escape" on Aug 4 for a cruise from NYC to Bermuda. We found the NCL website quite confusing and we spoke with 5 different NCL representatives who mostly gave us conflicting information. Despite all this, we are excited and can't wait for our first cruise. I've poured through the forum on here and found tons of great information. Still  - a couple of questions and am open to any advice and pearls of wisdom from experienced cruisers.

Question 1: Does the "Escape" have metal walls and should I stock up on magnetic hooks as many have advised?

Question 2: Do they hold back a certain percentage of specialty restaurant reservations for boarding day (we've had trouble booking them on-line)?

Questions 3: Best place for our family of 4 adults to hang out in a relatively peaceful manner on deck?

Question 4: Do they provide beach towels or should we bring some?

Any other great tips for onboard or on the island? Many thanks from this newbie for your time.

17 minutes ago, onthewingsofsong said:

We board NCL's "Escape" on Aug 4 for a cruise from NYC to Bermuda. We found the NCL website quite confusing and we spoke with 5 different NCL representatives who mostly gave us conflicting information. Despite all this, we are excited and can't wait for our first cruise. I've poured through the forum on here and found tons of great information. Still  - a couple of questions and am open to any advice and pearls of wisdom from experienced cruisers.

Question 1: Does the "Escape" have metal walls and should I stock up on magnetic hooks as many have advised?

Question 2: Do they hold back a certain percentage of specialty restaurant reservations for boarding day (we've had trouble booking them on-line)?

Questions 3: Best place for our family of 4 adults to hang out in a relatively peaceful manner on deck?

Any other great tips for onboard or on the island? Many thanks from this newbie for your time.

Welcome to CC. You may get more answers if you post on the NCL forum...https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/64-norwegian-cruise-line/

Edited by davekathy

44 minutes ago, onthewingsofsong said:

Booking speciality restaurants in advance is always a mess.  Yes, when you board, there will be a restaurant booking desk.  Go to that and see what is available if you can't get something booked before.     Yes, beach towels are provided in your room.   Haven't been on the Escape though.   And have never needed additional hanging hooks.  Bermuda has been one of our favorite cruises.  If you haven't been there before, I recommend the mini bus about 5 hour tour.  You get to see pretty much the whole island and know what you want to see again later.  

1 hour ago, onthewingsofsong said:

The walls are metal, so bring hooks to your hearts content.

They hold at least 50% of the dining reservations for booking on board.

They provide beach towels, they usually leave one per guest but your steward will bring you as many as you want.

Edited by zqvol

Restaurant reservations the day you board should not be a problem suggest though you do it as soon as you bored we did in May and were able to get exactly what we wanted.

shows do not miss choir of men make sure you reserve that, if not already the day you board as well they have some real fun free dinner shows in the supper club most nights suggest booking one of those first night you board.

for sitting outside, if you want the sun spice h2o is the adult only area but can get busy but not nearly as busy as pool area, if shade their are some great wicker chairs on deck eight the waterfront where you can watch the water comfortably with a drink and a book

enjoy she is a beautiful ship

42 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

Restaurant reservations the day you board should not be a problem suggest though you do it as soon as you bored we did in May and were able to get exactly what we wanted.

shows do not miss choir of men make sure you reserve that, if not already the day you board as well they have some real fun free dinner shows in the supper club most nights suggest booking one of those first night you board.

for sitting outside, if you want the sun spice h2o is the adult only area but can get busy but not nearly as busy as pool area, if shade their are some great wicker chairs on deck eight the waterfront where you can watch the water comfortably with a drink and a book

enjoy she is a beautiful ship

Wonderful info. I'm going to take every bit of your advice. Many thanks!

If you have the time type NCL Escape in the search box and bring up info on the ship.

You will find reviews written by people who have sailed her before. This will help with

other questions you might have. There is also a section where the cabins are reviewed.

Escape is my fav NCL ship so far, enjoy! I echo what everyone else has said --- also, the BrewHouse & Food Republic are amazing. Don't forget to check out Howl at the Moon in the evenings -- no reservation needed and they are fantastic. Fun and funny.

When you get on and book meals, make sure you book shows as well. 

As others have said, Spice H2O is a great place for adults to chill.

Bon Voyage!