Car rental in Bar Harbor, Maine

Cruise409

If I were researching this, I'd google "bar harbor rental cars" which would lead me to the rental car companies in town. Then I'd map the office locations, make a dummy booking to get a sense of price on the day I'll be there, actually call the local rental offices to check on whether they would pick me up at the dock, etc. It's actually kind of fun to learn how to do this myself.

47 minutes ago, Shorex said:

If I were researching this, I'd google "bar harbor rental cars" which would lead me to the rental car companies in town. Then I'd map the office locations, make a dummy booking to get a sense of price on the day I'll be there, actually call the local rental offices to check on whether they would pick me up at the dock, etc. It's actually kind of fun to learn how to do this myself.

Nearest car rentals are at Bar Harbor Airport in Trenton ME, which is about 12 miles away.  Traffic can be really slow.  Trenton is away from all the tourist attractions.  Our son was married on Mt Desert Island last Oct and we spent lots of time running around the whole area - Southwest Harbor, the roads in Acadia Park, and Bar Harbor.  Traffic was very unpredictable.  One day there was a marathon.  Renting a car is just not worth it if you’re a drop in day visitor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 11:21 AM, Cruise409 said:

Does anyone know if you can rent a car at the cruise terminal in Bar Harbor, Maine

I live right outside of Bar Harbor, and as people have said Trenton airport is the closest. Bar Harbor is a very walk-able town, and if you want to go to Acadia, or things like that...They have free hop on hop off busses. There are so many tourists that visit Bar Harbor that it is hard to find parking anyway. Enjoy your visit!