How long wait for a reply to Steakhouse Reservation ?

phoneman69

Made a request for a Steakhouse reservation a week ago on our up coming September 14th Magic cruise. How long does it take to get a confirmation on the reservation ? Should i expect to get a reply or do i check once onboard ? Anyone dine in the Steak house on Magic recently ?

Thanks

I've made at least 6 request since may for our magic August 17th cruise. No response from any of them. I did get a confirmation for the Italian restaurant.  I'm hoping I get reservations once on board. 

Unfortunately the answer is, it depends!

I got a response the next day for my cruise in November 2020 (really didn't expect to hear back so quickly, given how far out we were). Last cruise, I waited 4 weeks, never heard and had to email them again. I heard back within 3 days the second time.

I'd give them another few days then email them again.

4 minutes ago, Ahays00 said:

I've made at least 6 request since may for our magic August 17th cruise. No response from any of them. I did get a confirmation for the Italian restaurant.  I'm hoping I get reservations once on board. 

Funny- Magic is the same ship that I had to email a second time to get confirmation!!

I'd try emailing them directly at mcsteakhouse@carnival.com. That's how I got the confirmation.

• Like 1

I made steakhouse reservations for Magic in Sept., Vista in Dec. and Freedom next April.  The magic definitely took at least a week.  I received confirmation for the other two within a day or two of requesting on the CCL website.  If it's been more than a couple weeks, you may be able to inquire at this email address:  mcsteakhouse@carnival.com.  The steakhouse manager for my reservation was Eva Benyusova.

23 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Funny- Magic is the same ship that I had to email a second time to get confirmation!!

I'd try emailing them directly at mcsteakhouse@carnival.com. That's how I got the confirmation.

Thanks so much!

25 minutes ago, Ahays00 said:

Update, I emailed and already received conformation for 3 reservations. That was super fast! Thanks for the email suggestions.  

Thank you for asking this!  I’ve requested twice in a few weeks with no response!  Magic on aug 24th. Will email also!  Thank you everyone!!

2 minutes ago, xtraquispe said:

Thank you for asking this!  I’ve requested twice in a few weeks with no response!  Magic on aug 24th. Will email also!  Thank you everyone!!

I wasnt the OP but, I am appreciative as well. 

Since Carnival grants "priority" reservations to Plats and Diamonds, their requests seem to get answered first.  I usually hear within a day or two of emailing the Maitre'D through the manage my cruise tab.

If there seems to be a heavy demand from the priority groups on a particular night, others may have to wait a few extra days to hear back.  If you don't get a confirmation within a week, I'd send in a 2nd request.

1 hour ago, Ahays00 said:

I wasnt the OP but, I am appreciative as well. 

Believe me i don't mind sharing. Learned a lot and have given a little. All Smiles !!

DW and I are platinum members but that does not seem to matter at this point. Will email tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just got off the Magic on Sunday. Made online reservations for both the steakhouse and Italian restaurant. Received confirmation for the Italian restaurant same day but never got a response from the steakhouse. Once o was on board I went by the steakhouse one night to see if they had received my email and they had it all set up like I had requested. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, vache said:

Sailing on the Magic Sep 28 and it took 8 weeks exactly to get a response from the steakhouse.

WOW!! 8 weeks is a long time to wait for a response

I am sailing on 9/28 also.  I submitted my reservation twice, with no response.  I have never had that issue on other Carnival ships.  I sent in an email today as suggested so hopefully I will hear back in a day or so.  Especially since we want to go on the first night and will be celebrating our 43rd anniversary

43 minutes ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

WOW!! 8 weeks is a long time to wait for a response

I am sailing on 9/28 also.  I submitted my reservation twice, with no response.  I have never had that issue on other Carnival ships.  I sent in an email today as suggested so hopefully I will hear back in a day or so.  Especially since we want to go on the first night and will be celebrating our 43rd anniversary

I submitted twice over 3 weeks. Sent the email last night after reading this thread and had a response this morning. Good luck and happy anniversary!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ahays00 said:

I am on your same sailing and I too have made numerous requests.  I stopped for fear that I am going to board with a ton of reservations :)

Never heard back.  Like you I plan to try one we board.  I did get confirmation from the italian place.  Very odd. 

26 minutes ago, ashmac8 said:

I am on your same sailing and I too have made numerous requests.  I stopped for fear that I am going to board with a ton of reservations 🙂

Never heard back.  Like you I plan to try one we board.  I did get confirmation from the italian place.  Very odd. 

I kinda have the same fear. I will go to the steakhouse once on board and make sure all are correct. 

This seems like a common problem, and 8 weeks if definitely too long. I wonder why JH has not addressed this yet. We know he reads because a lot of the stuff we talk about pops up on his page in a very timely fashion! 🙂

Great News. Received a reply confirming my Steak house reservation today. I don't know if all the activity and the email address for the steak house cause a flurry and they answered.

Mareliza Minnaar is the Steakhouse Manager who's name appeared in my confirmation. Good luck to all others awaiting reply's PS: send and email.

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2019 at 5:57 PM, twodaywonder said:

I have never received any response. Booked for the steak house for my Magic Halloween cruise weeks ago. Nothing. It is only a reservation you pay when you go the day and time your reserved.

Email seems to be getting better responses at this point. Hope everyone enjoys their meals.