Alaska Cruise from Vancouver return

Andie 49

8 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Price was for both. My co worker went, had a great time and saved a bunch of money. HA is fine and pretty much on par with its sister company Princess. If you can go this September instead of 2020, HA currently has one Alaska 7 day RT Vancouver cruise on Westerdam leaving Sept 22, 2019 for $1,448 US (tax included) + $203 gratuities. Good deal. Go to HA website if you are interested.

Thanks again for your info. We can't go this year but will keep a look out for sure. Appreciate seeing this as I am not giving up hope now.. I do realize you can pay more with gratuities etc etc but if under 2000 is a starting price then can budget for more.

Port fees and taxes are around $250 to $275 US for seven days. Gratuities around $103. If you look for fares in the $399 range, which are out there, you can do it. Also, if you do one way, you can get Allegiant between Bellingham and anchorage for about $100 per person (including luggage).  Find a good TA to keep an eye out for you.

If it helps at all, you can book a cruise early and pay it off a little at a time. This is very easy to do in your Princess account. Doesn't work so well for last minute bookings, but it does for bookings farther out.

• Like 1

Thank you SH. I appreciate all the help. I feel a bit bad as some people mentioned that I should go camping or not go at all if I can't afford it. Obviously I did go on one cruise last year and had a great time and know all the costs involved. We got it all under 2000 dollars on a 5 day trip on Princess and I know if it possible if I wait to find the best deals.Maybe spend a bit more. I have a friend who cruises a lot and he is now sending me deals for this year so I know the deals come early but late too. I just hoped to get some tips. here. We live near Vancouver so there is no flights involved if we do the return to Vancouver trip.

I know a lot of people have money to not worry about the end cost. I am 70 and have worked all my life mostly as a single Mom and I do have some savings but I am retired so have to be careful. At this age with limited retirement income I always shop for the best deal for everything. 

I don't feel like I should justify this but I was taken back by some of those comments .Anyways I have seen a lot of great deals for 2019 now  that I know I will be able to find a great deal for 2020.Thanks again for your support.

3 hours ago, Andy49 said:

Thank you SH. I appreciate all the help. I feel a bit bad as some people mentioned that I should go camping or not go at all if I can't afford it. Obviously I did go on one cruise last year and had a great time and know all the costs involved. We got it all under 2000 dollars on a 5 day trip on Princess and I know if it possible if I wait to find the best deals.Maybe spend a bit more. I have a friend who cruises a lot and he is now sending me deals for this year so I know the deals come early but late too. I just hoped to get some tips. here. We live near Vancouver so there is no flights involved if we do the return to Vancouver trip.

I know a lot of people have money to not worry about the end cost. I am 70 and have worked all my life mostly as a single Mom and I do have some savings but I am retired so have to be careful. At this age with limited retirement income I always shop for the best deal for everything. 

I don't feel like I should justify this but I was taken back by some of those comments .Anyways I have seen a lot of great deals for 2019 now  that I know I will be able to find a great deal for 2020.Thanks again for your support.

Andy, please don't take those  harsh postings to heart. They were thoughtless and carelessly made. They seem to not understand that not everyone has an unlimited annual travel budget, and that others may have to plan and save way in advance for a special trip. I hope you'll be able to find something that will make you both very happy. 

• Like 1

Yes you are surely right. I think that it was just meant to be funny . I know alot of people that go on cruise after cruise after cruise and their funds apparently unlimited and great for them. I am ok with the odd trip every year or two. Thanks for the kind words.

Keep an eye out for what happens this year as the AK season winds down. Then you will have an idea what to expect next year depending on how the economy and world traveling situation holds level. Watch the "sales" and you'll also see how sometimes the base price goes up to cover the sale, but sometimes there really is a good deal. Maybe even for Alaska! 

Very early or very late is where you may get exceptional deals.