GTY suite

Horseshoe 1st

We sail on Silver Spirit 28/8/19, so only about 26 days time.

Ok this time we did not book direct with silversea, but not sure its just me but I like to know my suite number.

I have phoned SS twice know with promise of a answer, nothing to date.

This is our 100 day sailing cruise so slightly dissapointed !!

1 hour ago, Horseshoe 1st said:

We sail on Silver Spirit 28/8/19, so only about 26 days time.

Ok this time we did not book direct with silversea, but not sure its just me but I like to know my suite number.

I have phoned SS twice know with promise of a answer, nothing to date.

This is our 100 day sailing cruise so slightly dissapointed !!

Why disappointed, if it’s a GTY you may not find out until you join the ship, especially if it’s pretty full.

3 hours ago, Horseshoe 1st said:

but not sure its just me but I like to know my suite number.

If you like to know your suite number before boarding, in the future, be sure to NOT book a voyage that only has GTY space available.  Obviously, it's fine to have a GTY booking, but it's the luck of the draw on which suite you'll be given.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

ok thank you for replies, think I was mislead at time of booking, but understand it was my fault should have chosen suite number.

My many problem is SS not contacting when they said they would reply by return.

Hopefully won't spoil our cruise looking forward to St Petersburg.

23 minutes ago, Horseshoe 1st said:

Totally understand.  Many can attest here that SS's on board service is much, much better than their shore side customer service. 😉 I wouldn't worry too much as I think you'll have a great voyage to Saint Petersburg.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

5 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

If you like to know your suite number before boarding, in the future, be sure to NOT book a voyage that only has GTY space available.  Obviously, it's fine to have a GTY booking, but it's the luck of the draw on which suite you'll be given.

Enjoy your cruise!

What is GTY?

1 hour ago, zqtchas said:

What is GTY?

It is a guaranty that one will be accommodated on the cruise in a suite in a certain category.  In some cases, one is upgraded (say from vista to verandah).  In some cases, one gets a suite in the stated category that is considered to be undesirable (say at the very front of the ship).  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 10:20 PM, Observer said:

It is a guaranty that one will be accommodated on the cruise in a suite in a certain category.  In some cases, one is upgraded (say from vista to verandah).  In some cases, one gets a suite in the stated category that is considered to be undesirable (say at the very front of the ship).  

thanks

We have two GTY bookings, one on Muse and the other on Cloud. Could you let us know how you got on with your booking?

Part of me is expecting the worst suite on the ship (still pretty good by any standard!) and the other half of me is crossing fingers for an upgrade!

• 2 weeks later...

We had booked our cruise as a waitlist, as that was the only status available, and SS gave us a GTY Vista (which we didn't mind since location and category are relatively unimportant to us) when confirming, and just today, eight days before departure, notified us of our suite number.  A one-category upgrade, and four decks higher.  Just a data point - it's fine with us, but if you are concerned where you are going to be, I would not take a GTY.  (This is our third GTY and we've never been disappointed, but it's all a matter of expectations.)

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 4:01 PM, Horseshoe 1st said:

ok thank you for replies, think I was mislead at time of booking, but understand it was my fault should have chosen suite number.

I do the guarantee because it’s the cheapest rate.  very rarely do you end up with a vista suite and usually end up with a balcony it’s worth not knowing for me. I always book directly with Brian at Silversea instead of a TA

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 6:35 AM, badgerdee said:

We have two GTY bookings, one on Muse and the other on Cloud. Could you let us know how you got on with your booking?

Part of me is expecting the worst suite on the ship (still pretty good by any standard!) and the other half of me is crossing fingers for an upgrade!

Okay, we were advised last week our GTY suite for our November 2020 cruise is now confirmed as a mid ship Verandah suite. Great news!

No word yet on the GTY suite for our February 2020 sailing but to be honest we didn’t expect to heard anything on either cruise until much closer to sail dates. 

• Like 2