Personal Vaction planner?

Pugs&Kisses

Just to be clear...calling the 800 number does not necessarily get you a PVP. I picked up a PVP about four years ago who is the absolute best. I have booked about a dozen cruises with her and have never been disappointed. I will typically text her with an idea of what I want, then she will call me when I ask and will have everything priced out for me. 

I typically find the cruise I want on line and then have her book it. Many times she has helpful suggestions and can quickly compare categories, etc. 

Good luck! 

Edited by Wheels87
  • Like 1

Cruise Critic doesn't allow us to post PVP contact info. You can call Carnival and request one. Sometimes it's kind of trial & error to find one you like and mesh with. There are good ones and not so good ones.

Calling the 800 number and getting a regular customer service rep. just for a simple booking isn't always so bad, but they are notorious for not being knowledgeable about a lot of things and you often get different answers from different reps. Simple bookings shouldn't be a problem for regular reps., but one of them screwed up one of ours and it took some doing to get it straightened out. I'd probably just book one myself online before I ever went through a regular CSR again. PVP's tend to me more knowledgeable. And if you find one who cruises themselves, they can be helpful in picking ships and/or cabins.

On 8/2/2019 at 6:49 PM, Pugs&Kisses said:

What is the different than me doing it myself on line or calling the -800 and doing it myself? Is it worth it?

On 8/2/2019 at 7:02 PM, Pugs&Kisses said:

do you mind sharing you PVP infor?  I have always done the esearch myself. But this cruise is now 15 people and 4 rooms and might get bigger.

A PVP can see all of the cabins that are available where you will only see ten in the area that you are interested in.  

How I found my PVP was by sending a e-mail to Carnival requesting that I wanted a PVP that had been with the company for at least ten years and had cruised on a few of their ships.  The following day I got a e-mail from a PVP telling me how long he had been with Carnival and the ships that he has cruised on.  He suggested that I call his personal number to discuss a cruise.  

If you do get one, only book your cruise.  Let him know that you  are going to have at least 4 cabins.  They can put a hold on the other three cabins.  Then have the other three couples do their own booking.  That takes all of the pressure off of you.  Do tell the PVP that you want your bookings linked.  That way you will all be assigned the same dining time and more than likely, will all be placed at the same table if you choose assigned dining time.  With 15 people it will be more than one table but at least they will put you at tables side by side.

• Like 2

I have been on several cruises with big family groups which I arranged for everyone through my PVP.  Having the PVP put the rooms on hold and then contact whomever will be staying in them is a fantastic idea. I have done it both ways and finally learned my lesson. It was just too stressful to keep track of everything. 

Interestingly enough, my last family cruise, we ended up with a single table for 15 on the Dream.  I emailed the Maitre'd about our group and when we went to dinner, they had put several four top tables adjacent to each other so we could all sit together. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pugs&Kisses said:

I am emailing a PVP I found, he seems to have good reviews. Wish me luck.

Good luck! 

Remember...if this one doesn't provide you the best service, you can always request a different one for your next trip. 

Enjoy! 

We ended up dropping the one Carnival assigned to us. He was difficult to get a hold of, we were constantly playing phone tag. Then if I'd try to email him my question, he'd respond by just saying, "Call me," and the game of phone tag would continue. He also wasn't the most personable person. Not a good thing for a position that's all about customer relations.

So I was recommended another one through a CC user and we've liked him from the first moment we spoke with him. He's done some great things for us. The only thing I don't like about him is that he won't correspond via email. Sometimes I just have a small question or whatever and it's a lot easier, and more convenient, to shoot off an email, but he'll never reply. At fist I thought it was just a PVP thing since our first one would only reply to emails to say to call him, but I've since seen others say theirs will correspond by email no problem. It's kind of a nuisance.

We've been using the same PVP since 2001. She's the best and I'd never use anyone else. Then again we usually do a mock booking first, I find what I want and then call her. I could probably do itbmyself on line by nkw but its nice to have someone to call that you know. Im waiting on the Mardi Gras to open further into 2021 and Im already on her call list for this and a particular room im looking for. 

4 hours ago, Pugs&Kisses said:

Ugh, I havent heard back from him. I had a call from Carnival yesterday. It rang once then hung up. I called right back and put in that 5 digit direct #, and no answer. I tried twice.

I just want to book my vacation!

You could do it yourself, if you're comfortable enough. But since you have such a large group, that might get bigger, a little help wouldn't hurt. Someone to help you find rooms together, or at least close to one another. Be sure to link the bookings together for dining in the MDR. If you don't want to mess with the one you've been trying to get a hold of, you can call Carnival's 800 number and request a PVP. Or just use one of the regular reps.

Pugs & Kisses, you said you were emailing a PVP where you found they had good reviews.   I am debating about this or a TA, that I normally use. "Where" did you find a PVP with reviews on them?

4 hours ago, beshears said:

Pugs & Kisses, you said you were emailing a PVP where you found they had good reviews.   I am debating about this or a TA, that I normally use. "Where" did you find a PVP with reviews on them?

FB and google.

And update.

He called me back! and he was wonderful. He was having internet issues! It was all booked We got 3 cabins touching, for a better deal than I could ever found right in a row! He wasnt pushy at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pugs&Kisses said:

FB and google.

And update.

He called me back! and he was wonderful. He was having internet issues! It was all booked We got 3 cabins touching, for a better deal than I could ever found right in a row! He wasnt pushy at all.

Glad to hear that he called you back and that everything worked out great for you.  Our PVP has told me that sometimes when he comes in to work, there will be ten or more messages on his phone that he tries to contact right away.  Rarely will I ever get him to answer his phone when I call.  It always goes to voice mail but he calls back as soon as he can.  Usually within an hour or less.

On 8/7/2019 at 2:51 AM, Pugs&Kisses said:

FB and google.

And update.

If you get a good PVP you will always use them.  I booked myself until I happen to get a call from one assigned to me and I think I couldn't have asked for a better one!  We now book all our cruises through him and I even recommend him to friends.  We've had two different friends book through him.  Very helpful to get the exact room and cruise we want, and we know about specials before they are widely advertised.  Always very helpful with questions or concerns, and is quick to respond.

We've used ours since 2012 and she's saved us so many time. From finding connecting rooms to advising us from booking under high-traffic areas, she's been a gem. I always go look online myself to get an idea of things and then call her and she can easily compare what I found and usually finds even better options. She also has a closed facebook group where she advises her clients about sales, etc.

My PVP did say (I have not booked as yet) she could not tell me when prices go up/down, but when I see them (after being booked) if the price goes down, she will take the discount off too. I don't believe my TA would do this, as they are in for as much money as they can make.  I'm sure PVP's are too, but since they work for Carnival, well.............

25 minutes ago, beshears said:

My PVP did say (I have not booked as yet) she could not tell me when prices go up/down, but when I see them (after being booked) if the price goes down, she will take the discount off too. I don't believe my TA would do this, as they are in for as much money as they can make.  I'm sure PVP's are too, but since they work for Carnival, well.............

why do you believe that your TA wouldn't get you the discount if the price dropped?

That's not in the TA's or your best interest. How many people would book with the TA a second time if they got bad service the first time.

If she call's and gets you the discount you are happy and she isn't going to lose that much money on the price drop meaning you'd probably use them again.

In the end she makes a few dollars less but gets repeat business and word of mouth advertising for free.