Luggage at Panamerican port FOS

sds

Hello everyone I was just wondering for those of you who have traveled on Freedom of the seas recently do you recall if you were required to give them your luggage upon arrival to the port or where you able to keep it with you? Reason I am asking is because on a previous cruise some new clothing items were taken from my locked luggage.

9 hours ago, sds said:

Hello everyone I was just wondering for those of you who have traveled on Freedom of the seas recently do you recall if you were required to give them your luggage upon arrival to the port or where you able to keep it with you? Reason I am asking is because on a previous cruise some new clothing items were taken from my locked luggage.

You can keep your luggage with you as long as it fits through an airport type scanner.

WHAT ON EARTH! We will be sailing a B2B on the Freedom in a few weeks! 2 suitcases will be checked pieces......So you’re saying someone at the pier took clothing out of you “locked” luggage! 🤬😡😱😡🤬😡! I use packing cubes so they could easily get the whole cube! One more thing to worry about! Think I will pack all the underwear on top layer! 

In all the cruises I have been on...not once...not ever has anything been stolen out of my luggage.  Guess I was lucky (?) but I think the pilfered luggage is very rare.   Now...there HAVE been times when things mysteriously disappeared from my luggage outside pockets going through the airlines.  

I have no worries at all with dropping off my luggage early with the porters.  Hopefully never will have to worry.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

In all the cruises I have been on...not once...not ever has anything been stolen out of my luggage. ...

We've hdd someone take one of our bags by mistake at Terminal 10 in PC.  Last time we ever stayed on the ship late.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

We've hdd someone take one of our bags by mistake at Terminal 10 in PC.  Last time we ever stayed on the ship late.

Yeah, we had that happen once also...but they must have realized their mistake and sheepishly dropped it off in another area.  Took a while to find it, made worse by almost hidden behind a pillar.  Nothing stolen though, fortunately.  And it wasn't the crew members that put it in the wrong place (as far as I know) because we had already searched that area previously, then returned and "presto" there it was.  

Edited by island lady

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yeah, we had that happen once also...but they must have realized their mistake and sheepishly dropped it off in another area.  Took a while to find it, made worse by almost hidden behind a pillar.  Nothing stolen though, fortunately.  And it wasn't the crew members that put it in the wrong place (as far as I know) because we had already searched that area previously, then returned and "presto" there it was.  

We lucked out too, it was a local who took our bag and he brought it back.  Cost us about an hour, but fortunately this was one trip when we did not have a flight after the cruise.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

We lucked out too, it was a local who took our bag and he brought it back.  Cost us about an hour, but fortunately this was one trip when we did not have a flight after the cruise.

Ugghh...yeah, I worry about that same thing happening at the airport just before a cruise.  Worse yet...actually stolen.  Just too easy for opportunists to grab an interesting bag and leave with it.  Yikes.  😮 

I didn't give enough detail on the matter, the pieces where stolen and the bag returned to me without the lock. I have also traveled on cruises and land vacations without incident I guess it is the luck of the draw. I have been able to carryon my luggage at port Miami, Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale so hopefully I don't run into any issues. Clarea are the scanners the same size as those ports? 

2 hours ago, sds said:

I didn't give enough detail on the matter, the pieces where stolen and the bag returned to me without the lock. I have also traveled on cruises and land vacations without incident I guess it is the luck of the draw. I have been able to carryon my luggage at port Miami, Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale so hopefully I don't run into any issues. Clarea are the scanners the same size as those ports? 

We've carried on for all but a few cruises out of the PanAm port in San Juan.  Nothing to worry about.