Question about how many dining reservations

londonlad35

Depends on the ship, as well:

Making Specialty Restaurant Reservations:

In order to Reserve Online, the Booking must be paid in full.
-The Online Dining Reservation System closes out at 7 days prior to each sailing's embarkation date.

For All Vessels:
-Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites may make reservations at 90 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Penthouse Suites may make reservations at 75 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms may make reservations at 60 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations at 45 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Number of Reservations, Regatta, Insignia, Nautica, Sirena:
Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Penthouse Suite and Concierge Level Veranda
0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant
8-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant
18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant
Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom
8-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant
18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Number of Reservations, Marina and Riviera:
Owner's Suites, Vista Suites, Oceania Suites
0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant
Penthouse Suites
Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom
18+ Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

All reservations have a maximum of 8 guests per table.

1 hour ago, StanandJim said:

Depends on the ship, as well:

Making Specialty Restaurant Reservations:

In order to Reserve Online, the Booking must be paid in full.
-The Online Dining Reservation System closes out at 7 days prior to each sailing's embarkation date.

For All Vessels:
-Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites may make reservations at 90 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Penthouse Suites may make reservations at 75 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms may make reservations at 60 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.
Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations at 45 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Number of Reservations, Regatta, Insignia, Nautica, Sirena:
Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Penthouse Suite and Concierge Level Veranda
Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

Number of Reservations, Marina and Riviera:
Owner's Suites, Vista Suites, Oceania Suites
Penthouse Suites
Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom
18+ Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

All reservations have a maximum of 8 guests per table.

It's worth noting that, if you are on a multi-segment "extended journey" (marketed as a single cruise with a single booking number) or on a multi-segment "custom cruise" (also with a single booking number), your pre-cruise reservation allotment is based on X reservations per segment.

For example, on a 17 day one segment cruise, veranda cabins get one pre-reservation for each specialty restaurant (i.e. 2 on R ships and 4 on O ships). However, if your 17 day multi-segment (single booking number) cruise consists of a 7 day segment and a 10 day segment, a veranda cabin would get double the allotment (i.e. 4 on R ships and 8 on O ships). The only caveat is that you would have to book each segment's allotment for dates during that segment.

And, of course, you can always add reservations (space available) once onboard.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

6 hours ago, londonlad35 said:

Thanks very much, that’s exactly what I needed

Now thats only 1/2 the program.    You can make, on board unlimited reservations in any venue.. if space is available and your flexable once on board.   Every morning you can see whats opening...  on a 18 day cruise there will be lots of openings once on board     It does not matter whether your in the Owner Suite or an Inside.    O treats everyone equal outside their cabin...  In penthouses and above  you can order in cabin dining from any venue too !

Edited by Hawaiidan

Dan, in theory that's the way it is, but a good butler can get those in the Upper rooms extras when us peons in the lower rooms can't . Been there done that. But you are right that when you're on the ship pretty much everyone is treated the same. 

I just booked some reservations this morning, and realized that if you are booking with another room then you can't chose sharing, at least I didn't see any way to do that. Perhaps if I had picked Sharing first then I could have added the other couple. Anyone have any experience with that? 

I have had success in adding another couple to a reservation (online) where initially we were alone.  But I also have to say that more often I've needed to call Oceania to accomplish this ... once I think our TA took care of it for us.  As long as you have both booking numbers you should be okay.

On our last cruise (on Riviera) we had made sharing reservations (with strangers) for 7:30 in Polo.  My itinerary said 7:30, the postcard reminder said 7:30, but the restaurant thought we were due at 6:30.  Fortunately they found a table for two for us when we showed up, and they said the other couple hadn't had a problem either.  That happened to be the same cruise where they lost our reservation for La Reserve ... but our butler was on top of that situation and solved the problem.  We ended up at a more expensive dinner for the same price as the cheaper dinner so even though it was for another evening, we had no complaints.

34 minutes ago, ORV said:

Dan, in theory that's the way it is, but a good butler can get those in the Upper rooms extras when us peons in the lower rooms can't . Been there done that. But you are right that when you're on the ship pretty much everyone is treated the same. 

I just booked some reservations this morning, and realized that if you are booking with another room then you can't chose sharing, at least I didn't see any way to do that. Perhaps if I had picked Sharing first then I could have added the other couple. Anyone have any experience with that? 

You say NO to sharing  then  ADD A GUEST   I think is the wording

You need their booking number  ..if that fails call Oceania  & ask them to add your other party

Maybe I wasn't clear, I had the guest added, but the times I wanted were not always available, I wanted to Share, but our group of 4 wanted to share with others to maybe get an earlier time. 

Just now, ORV said:

Maybe I wasn't clear, I had the guest added, but the times I wanted were not always available, I wanted to Share, but our group of 4 wanted to share with others to maybe get an earlier time. 

AHHH 

I misunderstood you  then

Maybe call Oceania  & ask if they can make it work with the 4 of you  to join  a sharing table with others

That does sound more complicated than I was thinking about as well!  I agree with Lyn:  give Oceania a call.

We ended up at a table for 6 on our last cruise in I forget which restaurant -- probably Toscana.  They were a group of 4 who checked in just ahead of us ... so maybe that's why we were seated together.  They were two British couples and it was one of the most delightful meals we've ever had on a cruise.

Mura

A  note.... if your  on a  cruise longer than 14 days,   many just get tired of the specialties.    Some like myself  only care about 1 or 2 for the specialties Red Ginger and Jacques    Also people frequently make lots of reservations and dont  show up or they cancel them. 

Any time the sea begins to move the ship even slightly  you will see all sorts of cancel's    So it pays to  ask not only in the morning  but in the evening as well......   On a 28 day cruise....  you can get almost any time you want where you want.      

• Thanks 1