Meet & Greet Question

Shoppie124

30 minutes ago, brokenarrowhd said:

I have noticed on these boards that there are two different M&G contact emails. Do they both work?

I used specialeventsbreakaway@ncl.com

I received an auto reply from NCL

If you are no on the Breakaway substitute the ship name for Breakaway

6 minutes ago, Shoppie124 said:

Thanks! The pinned CC post about how to set up a M&G, give you the other email.

I find that "special events" are great at responding.  Later any holdup is due to things having to be set up with the ship.   If it is a long time before the cruise the staff on the ship is liable to change and a decision is not made till those who will be on  board work out what is happening.

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

I find that "special events" are great at responding.  Later any holdup is due to things having to be set up with the ship.   If it is a long time before the cruise the staff on the ship is liable to change and a decision is not made till those who will be on  board work out what is happening.

OP had stated it is 22 days before cruise... it is not long at all 

8 hours ago, Shoppie124 said:

I had great response in May for the Gem Meet & Greet...... like you I used the Special Events email (SpecialEventsGem@ncl.com) so I'd suggest you try again on Monday.

Good luck! 

Edited by esm54687

If the Group Service Co-coordinator on the ship knows that (s)he is going on vacation (s)he will leave it to the new one to sort out so 22 days isn't still "not too long".   But I agree another email to "special events" would be logical.

The closer to the sailing date the better the estimate (headcount) of the Meet & Greet participants.

Having less than -5- NCL will reserve a small corner in who knows where.

Up the count to 40 and a restaurant setting would be in the picture.

One post here recently had a count of 200 +++ now we need a venue like the Spinnaker or Bliss lounge

certainly some place with ample seating.

Since NCL does put out refreshments the headcount would determine how much would be made available

for coffee tea juices pastries etc.

And even more importantly the bigger the headcount the more ships staff officers will make an effort to

make a presentation.

It is a bad situation when the crew outnumber the Meet & Greet guests but even worse when the crew

representation is not appreciative of the number of our members present.

I believe that the usual introductory contacts take place about 21 days before sailing to get things in order.

If the interest begins to exceed that then adjustments can be even up to the day of embarkation.

Since the M & G takes place usually the 2nd (SEA) day of the cruise getting things coordinated is not all

that a big deal except if the group is overwhelming large displacing an event in the Spinnaker or Bliss.

Give things time to gel and do keep NCL informed of the increased headcount.  

Personally I prefer to have 25 names of people who have indicated directly to me that they will attend a M&G before I will approach a cruise line.  If I get to 3 weeks and don't have that number I will approach if I have 15.   I wouldn't consider asking a cruise line to arrange a  M&G with fewer than that.   It is bad enough to invite officers personally and then find that there are more of them than pax!!

20 hours ago, Shoppie124 said:

I sent an email to NCL for a meet & greet.  The email says they will get back to me in 72 hours... here I am 10 days later..

Anyone else have this experience???

re submit. I have had this happen a couple of times. I just send another email and usually hear back promptly.   

11 hours ago, casofilia said:

Personally I prefer to have 25 names of people who have indicated directly to me that they will attend a M&G before I will approach a cruise line.  If I get to 3 weeks and don't have that number I will approach if I have 15.   I wouldn't consider asking a cruise line to arrange a  M&G with fewer than that.   It is bad enough to invite officers personally and then find that there are more of them than pax!!

I do usually request it further out as I like to be able to let people know we are working to set up a good M&G. but, your point is well taken. I know, right now our M:&:G which is a little over 2 months isn't getting the response I am used to when planning. I think we can feel safe planning for about 15 or 20 at least. Like you, I would not expect the officers to show up for say, 10 or 15 people