14 Days Of Parking At The Terminal

GTO-Girl

At the Royal Caribbean parking deck you pay upon entering so even if you are doing a B2B you are only charged for the first week.  I know the Carnival terminal is different...but I just read where a lady said the attendant only charged her for one week for 14 days of parking.

Has anyone had a personal experience with this and how you can expect to be charged?  We have a 14 day Journey cruise booked in November.

***Note:....we have sailed out of Canaveral many, many times so I am already familiar with all of the off site options**

In MIA I got a time dated ticket when parking in the port garage, I'll assume it's the same in FLL.  The ticket is scanned when you leave the garage, so whether it is 7 or 14 days, you will get charged for the entire time you parked.  I think it's well worth it for us, the security,  covered roof, convenience and no need to shuttle anywhere justifies the higher expense versus off site parking.

In Orlando, we parked at a pre cruise hotel and prepaid for our 19 days away.  When we picked up the vehicle 21 days later, we were not charged for the additional 2 days.

As suggested, more info in the FL departure threads.

Edited by evandbob

18 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Port Canaveral

On sight parking has its advantages at a higher cost. Distance to walk is short and covered for your vehicle and you. We park at Park N Cruise for a very low rate. 5 min. from the terminal. However if you are a veteran they also have a web site with a lower cost to park. Lots of Honor.

45 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

On sight parking has its advantages at a higher cost. Distance to walk is short and covered for your vehicle and you. We park at Park N Cruise for a very low rate. 5 min. from the terminal. However if you are a veteran they also have a web site with a lower cost to park. Lots of Honor.

We are very familiar with all the off site lots and know they are cheaper, but we prefer to be close to the terminal as we do “self assist” and like to be on the road ASAP without waiting for shuttles.

I was only curious to see how the Carnival terminal handled 14 days parking vs how Royal does it.

Edited by GTO-Girl

5 hours ago, AHS123 said:

Here's the place to be: https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Directions-Parking

The cruise lines are not in the loop.

I appreciate the link but it does not answer my question.....

On Royal from Terminal 1 you enter the parking garage, pay $136 for the week.  At the end of your cruise whether it is 7 days or 14 days you get off the ship and drive away.  They have no attendants there to collect any more money from you.

It is my understanding that at the Carnival terminal you get a “ticket” upon entering and then pay the attendant upon leaving.  I will have no problem paying them for the 14 days I am there but someone on another board said upon leaving she was only charged by the attendant for the first 7 days.

I was just curious what their policy is for more than a 7 day cruise...

11 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

At the Royal Caribbean parking deck you pay upon entering so even if you are doing a B2B you are only charged for the first week.  I know the Carnival terminal is different...

I think you answered your question...  Royal Caribbean parking deck, you pay up front for the duration of your parking.

The Port Canaveral Parking says you pay daily, including arrival day and day you depart.