Family Veranda

NHCRUISIN

15 minutes ago, NHCRUISIN said:

I like the verandas on the back of the ship, are there a minimum number of guests needed to book a family veranda ?

Those FVs are on the M-class ships, and typically when a cruise is released for sailing, Celebrity will only allow them to be booked for 5 people.   But sometimes, probably when Celebrity's algorithms decide they won't get that many families with kids on board, they open up the FVs to anyone.   There's no set date for this to happen (if it does at all), you have to keep checking; also join your Roll Call, as someone else may spot this before you do.

Yes, as the previous poster said, the FVs require a minimum of 5 passengers to book one.  M-class ships have their FVs at the back.  Although they are spacious, the geometry and cabin furnishings make those cabins particularly difficult to house 5 people, but it could be done if there are two small children.

At some point, Celebrity does allow any unsold FVs on a particular sailing to be booked by fewer than 5 and in those situations it is not uncommon to read that 2 people have booked it.  Fortunately for you there are 12 FVs on each Millennium class ship (only 4 FVs on S-class).

You said you like the verandas on the back of the ship.  You are probably admiring the corner FVs which are huge.  Note that the non-corner FVs have a large balcony as they are very deep--but it is the same amount of balcony space as the rest of the non-FV balcony cabins that face out the back of the ship on Deck 7, 8, and 9 (except for the accessible balcony cabins).

Edited by mahdnc

When we booked our upcoming TA we didn’t even consider a FV because it’s only the 2 of us. I was surprised to not only see one available, but it was a corner aft FV. We jumped on it and are very much looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, Purplsmurf said:

When we booked our upcoming TA we didn’t even consider a FV because it’s only the 2 of us. I was surprised to not only see one available, but it was a corner aft FV. We jumped on it and are very much looking forward to it!

Ours ( for 2 passengers) was booked in June for an October TA in October 2013. We were in 9156, which I wouldn’t recommend due to early morning activities in the Ocean View Cafe just above us. However, the balcony was huge, we even saw a partial eclipse of the sun from it.

FFD05377-22BA-4309-977F-7924E1E079B1.jpeg

I've never stayed in one but viewed them from our other afts.  I have often wondered why they have the "bathtub wall" rather than glass all around.  I don't think I would like sitting there and not being able to see out (without positioning myself to the exact point where I might see something left or right).

The huge Penthouse decks are all glass - anyone know why they made these the way they did?

We (2 of us) were able to upgrade to a FV in July 2019 for our May 2020 cruise. 

A couple of things to do:

Book when the kids are in school (fewer families need them)

Do a mock booking every few days to see if one becomes available. Call immediately.

I never thought about the corner on the M class having the "bathtub" feeling. I'm glad that was mentioned as I've always wanted the corner. We've always had the one next to it.

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

I am looking at a cruise that I could book a corner or the next one in. I was leaning toward the corner for side and back views and more breeze. Any reasons to pick one in over the corner?

Go for the corner!   The "balcony" is so huge it is really a private deck, with sun and shade. Also, you will only have one neighbor.  And you will be able to see the views to starboard or port much better.   To me, this is not a difficult decision.  🙂