Captain's Table

mdpseattle

Does Princess have a Captain's Table where you dine with the Captain?  I would assume you would have to be invited for some reason, celebrity or other reason.  I would never be invited, but just curious.

Has anyone been to the Chef's Table recently?  Good food, decent people?  Is it worth it?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mdpseattle said:

Does Princess have a Captain's Table where you dine with the Captain?  I would assume you would have to be invited for some reason, celebrity or other reason.  I would never be invited, but just curious.

Has anyone been to the Chef's Table recently?  Good food, decent people?  Is it worth it?

No they don't have a Captains Table.

I am sure he could invite someone to dinner on occasion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Chef's Table not equal Captain's Table.  Princess does not have a Captain's Table.  I am not sure that any main-line cruise companies still do>  Have not heard of this in years.

We’ve been invited several times on celebrity.  We’re Elite, but not too many cruises, so I think we were on cruises with not to many Elite + members and I think the host thought we were fun!

58 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

Princess eliminated the Captain's Table a number of years ago. Also gone are other officers eating with passengers in the MDR on nights their schedule allowed.

I believe most of the officers eat at the buffet. I've seen them there many times eating  with their families. 

The closes thing now would be the Most Traveled Passenger luncheon.  The top three or four most traveled passengers (and their guests) have lunch with the captain. If you don't make the cut for the captain's table, but are still in the top 20 (plus guests), you are seated with another officer or possibly the cruise director or circle host. 

• Like 1

We invited the Staff Captain to join us for dinner in  he MDR and he accepted. Then informed the waiters and Matier DE (sp). Quite an interesting evening and we have remained in touch with the Staff Captain (Now Captain).  On P&O cruises it was not uncommon for the Captain to join a table but htat has been a few years!