Booze and Supermarket near OPT

Ok, so I'm after a bit of advice on the best course of action. I have B2B cruises on the Majestic in Sept, sailing from the OPT. Ship sails evening and I'm flying in from Brisbane that morning (I know, I know... but the first cruise port of call is Brisbane so, in case of flight dramas, I can get on the ship at home!)

So, I want to buy soft drinks and champagne to carry onboard. It's not what I usually do, but I'm trying to keep costs down on this cruise. I'll be catching the train from the airport to Circular Quay and I'll only have an empty carry on wheelie bag with me. Long story short, my family are boarding the previous cruise in Brisbane and I will check in my big suitcase with them so it will already be on the ship when I get there.

I have done a bit of googling and thought I would get off the airport train at Green Square and walk a very short distance to the nearby Woolies and BWS and then back on the train to Circular Quay. Seems like a simple way of covering both stores easily, as opposed to hiking all over the CBD to go to overpriced, boutique bottle shops etc.

Any thoughts on this plan? Is there a better option?

Edited by mum and son

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's probably your best option.  Good thinking! 🙂

Well I am a relentless Goggler... and love doing a bit of research... so I set about finding a train station with both stores in easy walking difference. I'll see if this all turns out ok 😁.