Panorama MR excursions, how to decide...

James4me

4 hours ago, fyree39 said:

For Cabo San Lucas, the whale watching is fantastic! We only cruise in the winter to the MR so we can enjoy the whales.

For Mazatlan we absolutely loved Salsa & Salsa. Read the reviews on the Carnival website.

Rhythm of the Nights in Puerto Vallarta was surprisingly good. We'll definitely do this one again.

Pretty much doing the same thing! Done this cruise numerous times almost always in January. (Going again this January, lol.)

I like the whale watching in both Cabo and Puerto Vallarta. Rhythms of the Night is a good dinner show. This will be my second time for it! In Mazatlan we are doing a mini speed boat excursion that looks like fun. I love this itinerary. So much to do!

Edited by pbcbbc
  • Like 1

DH and I went and looked at excursions and I think this is what we're going to do: 

Cabo San Lucas: Whale Watching & Coastal Cruise with Open Bar

Mazatlan: Canopy Adventure

Puerto Vallarta: Yelapa & Majahuitas: Beach, Snorkeling & Waterfall 

• Like 1

I hope some may find this interesting.  Recently we found our daily plans from our first Mexican Riviera cruise in 1988 on the Carnival Tropicale.  We were really surprised to see that there were only three or four excursions offered.  That wasn't per port, it was the total for all three ports.  Must have been before the lines discovered how much money there is in selling excursions  😉

There is a lot to do in these ports  -- have fun!  

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I think we spent $10USD each way. We used the cabs outside the port and negotiated our fare. Of course we added a tip on top of that. 

Use google maps to map out the drive from port to the hotel. It’s a very short drive. 

Getting back from hotel to port was super easy. The hotel is on secure grounds and they have cabs coming and going most of the day. 

DO arrive early if you elect to head to Secrets. This way you’ll maximize your day as it ends at a time specific time. 

I started a thread in MX Riv when I was seeking an AI Resort for PV. It’s worth reading through if you haven’t done so already. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've done this cruise many, many times... So much to do.... It depends on our mood also..

Cabo: Snorkel, Los Arcos, shopping, party... I'd do water sports here. Tacos Lele, Cabo Wabo, The Office, Squid Row. Great brewery here also, close to The Office.

Mazatalan: Our go-to place is Stone Island. Hang out at Lety's. Great shrimp! Great food and drinks for cheap! We use to hang at Victor's but no sure if he's around anymore. Shopping is good right there by the ship. This port is out least favorite. 

PV: So much to do here. I've gone with different groups of friends and family. I usually negotiate a driver. We go up to the jungle. You can zip line, or go to El Eden and swim. Food expensive there, so hold out if you can. On way back, tequila factory and shopping. Then maybe El Malecon. Great eats at Los Muertos Brewery...! If you want to ATV, this is the place to do it! If you want to chill, do Las Caletas!

Those are just a few suggestions.

• Like 1

We've always booked excursions on our own...

In Cabo we've rented ATV's and last time we walked around to Billygan's and drank margaritas and lounged on the beach, my hubby rented a jet ski for 30 minutes.

Mazatlan we've done Stone Island all inclusive and last time we did ziplines. 

PV we've done zip lines and swam with dolphins at the waterpark

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2019 at 10:24 AM, EMOSEA said:

DH and I went and looked at excursions and I think this is what we're going to do: 

Cabo San Lucas: Whale Watching & Coastal Cruise with Open Bar

Mazatlan: Canopy Adventure

Puerto Vallarta: Yelapa & Majahuitas: Beach, Snorkeling & Waterfall 

I'd love a review of your excursion in Cabo - DH and I have that one at the top of our list. How was it?