Panasonic FZ200 replacement

Shineson

There used to be a massive thread on this fabulous bridge camera.  I am now wanting to upgrade to as near as I can, the same level of camera - i.e. easy, but great results.  Have Panasonic brought out an updated model that is as good as the original, and if so can you please point me in the right direction.  Thanks for your time.

5 hours ago, Shineson said:

Have Panasonic brought out an updated model that is as good as the original, and if so can you please point me in the right direction.  Thanks for your time.

I  have no idea whether it is as good as the original FZ200 but Amazon has an ad for a FZ300.

5 hours ago, Shineson said:

There used to be a massive thread on this fabulous bridge camera.  I am now wanting to upgrade to as near as I can, the same level of camera - i.e. easy, but great results.  Have Panasonic brought out an updated model that is as good as the original, and if so can you please point me in the right direction.  Thanks for your time.

That particular niche in Panasonic's lineup has gone through either a lot of change or little change depending on how you look at it. The direct replacement for your camera, the FZ300, came out in 2015 and has yet to be updated. They also released the FZ1000 and FZ2500 which use a much larger sensor for better image quality but the cost is larger size and pricing at around $1000. The FZ300 is a solid camera and would replace your ageing FZ200 with a familiar layout but isn't really a significant upgrade from the FZ200 other than the ability to record 4K and somewhat faster autofocus.

Dave 

Amazon was showing the FZ 1000 mk1 for less than $500 

I think the current top model small sensor FZ is the 330

if I was looking to replace my ancient FZ50 I think I would look at getting the FZ1000 rather than a 12-200 lens for my Olympus

Thanks everyone.  I will check out both models.  One more question if I may,  but it might need a separate thread - 

I'm booked to do 3 weeks in Mississippi - New Orleans/Memphis/Nashville next June/July - hot & humid. Are there any tips for avoiding problems in such conditions.  I only ask because I recall a friend many years ago having his camera pack up on him because of the damp conditions.